Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Diesel Truck owners with programmers >

Diesel Truck owners with programmers

Notices

Diesel Truck owners with programmers

Old 05-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesel Truck owners with programmers

I pull my boat with a 01 f250 superduty. Over the last year I"ve added a edge programmer, aem stage 2 intake and did a muffler delete with a straight pipe. Then I ended up doing a 4" lift with 35's. I use to ride around in extreme mood but it shifted so hard and I would be boosting 4 pounds of boost running 60 so I decided to keep it in tow mode, good power easier on the trans as far as shifting, but I'm still running 4 pounds of boost cruising. How do you all feel about this? Anyone else having this issue? Is it really hard on my turbo or going to kill the life of it? Should I change the gears in my truck or what?
Old 05-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Registered

your going to be making boost when cruising..the engine is spinning about 2k RPMs and under a load just pushing the truck, it will make even more when pulling the boat because its working harder. Its not going to hurt the turbo...i wouldnt worry.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Mine runs around 4-5 lbs. cruising with a BullyDog 6 position chip set 1 stage over stock. ("+50 HP")

Do you have an EGT gauge? Does is fluctuate?
Old 05-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I start getting into the boost on the highway at cruising speeds, but I would wager the guess that if I am empty I am not seenig 6lbs at 60. I think my boost starts creeping up a little higher (mph) than 60. I would definitely see that kind of boost with the boat behind me.

2000 F350.

I wouldn't worry about the turbo at all. They are pretty rugged on these trucks, and if it goes out they are a relatively cheap/easy repair on the 7.3's I believe.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Registered

yeah i have 4 pillar gauges and my egt and oil pressure and trans temp look fine. Just wanted to know what you all thought. I'm not going to worry with the boost while cruising. I am curious to how many tow in extreme mode?
Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't worry about the turbo at all. They are pretty rugged on these trucks, and if it goes out they are a relatively cheap/easy repair on the 7.3's I believe.

From what I read, 200,000 miles is about the time 7.3 guys should start looking for turbos and it just so happens that Garrett has a twin ball bearing turbo for you.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chuckyarus
yeah i have 4 pillar gauges and my egt and oil pressure and trans temp look fine. Just wanted to know what you all thought. I'm not going to worry with the boost while cruising. I am curious to how many tow in extreme mode?
as long as nothing gets hot, id tow in whatever mode you want.