Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
03 powerstroke overheats only when towing >

03 powerstroke overheats only when towing

Notices

03 powerstroke overheats only when towing

Old 06-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
Don't those EGR delete things throw a check engine light?? I was told to do that but then I would have the light on???
03-early 04 won't throw a code. Later ones will, but if you put a tuner on it, you can have it programmed to turn off.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ImaPoser
03-early 04 won't throw a code. Later ones will, but if you put a tuner on it, you can have it programmed to turn off.
i have installed over 20 delete kits on 05-07 trucks. if you have no cat or aftermarket exhaust it will not set a code. hell if you disconnect the valve completely on a late model it wont set either due to the lack of a egr throttle plate. the 05-and up just have a scoop in the inlet pipe that seems to regulate flow like the plate. but the calibration is lax. so if you allready have exhaust no big deal. if you have factory exhaust... buy the cat delete pipe and you will be good to go.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Registered

rADIATOR FIXED THE PROBLEM, THANKS
Old 06-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rssteiny
rADIATOR FIXED THE PROBLEM, THANKS
I am glad you found your problem cause! Was there alot of crap in it like dirt and weeds? on the outside?? And you may want to use the iron flush comming up here. still glad you got your rig running agian.