Notices

2011 GM Trucks.......

Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck getting mercury to warranty anything. It's never their fault. The dealership hasn't ever tracked my tunes. Had them on an 03,05, and 2 08's. Never broke anything either just recall and computer flashes.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
I think that number might have been an error (loaded 0-60 times) you read?

The GM was faster in every speed measure while towing (1/4, etc) and in the text they state it was quicker by nearly a second. The times are 18.7 vs 19.9 for the Ford.

I like how the Ford doesn't do what a 3/4 ton is made to do best (tow), or get the best mileage......but wins? Because it's a better unloaded cruiser and has more gadgets nobody really uses on a site (unless they don't own a laptop). I have a feeling the fact Ford is the current media darling just may be playing into this here......
If you go by the latest and greatest sandbagger..GM..who is lighter, shorter, doesnt ride as well, stops way longer..and in the real world with everything going for it still falls short to pull in real world 15% grades...thats why they picked the Ford..and this magazine always picks the gm vehicles...These are trucks, all 3 very good... 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs mean nothing when you tow , and a 1/2 second is nothing. next month will be the real tests..Im more interested in grade towing, since that is what I need a diesel for...and hopefully all trucks will have the exact same 3.73 gears, which will make the Ford very close in the 0-60 and 1/4.. I ordered my F350 LB truck with 3.55 gears, and my F250 came with 3.73's.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
Not really.

The newer programs track any changes from stock pretty damn well.

What's funny is that people are pissed that they can't boost up their powertrains, break something, and then expect the OEM to warranty it!

If you bought a 496 HO, tuned it, whipple charged it and blew a gasket.....should Merc warranty it?

agreed.. I have left the majority of them stock.. we have over 200k on our Duramax's and Navistars..
Old 07-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
If you go by the latest and greatest sandbagger..GM..who is lighter, shorter, doesnt ride as well, stops way longer..and in the real world with everything going for it still falls short to pull in real world 15% grades...thats why they picked the Ford..and this magazine always picks the gm vehicles...These are trucks, all 3 very good... 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs mean nothing when you tow , and a 1/2 second is nothing. next month will be the real tests..Im more interested in grade towing, since that is what I need a diesel for...and hopefully all trucks will have the exact same 3.73 gears, which will make the Ford very close in the 0-60 and 1/4.. I ordered my F350 LB truck with 3.55 gears, and my F250 came with 3.73's.
I'd drive either (but better only show up where I work in one).

I'd be curious to see the mileage on the GM w/ taller gears, and the performance on the Ford w/ the shorter.

Ford has definitely been picking up some very favorable reviews recently, success builds success, weather this was the case here nobody will know for sure, but I'm suspicious. Just the way the pointed out the 2 deciding factors as unloaded ride and "toys" which seem minor in a work truck.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered a 4x4 3500hd dually 4dr last night. Says its still another 27 days out. Black on black LTZ. The only thing I didnt get was the moonroof. I think that has got to be the lamest option Ive ever seen in a truck. Oh, and I didnt get the sliding rear window, I wanted the flat glass for a sticker anyways.

GM is offering only $1500 in rebates but they expect another $500 once they start hitting the lots, which would have been nice.

This thing ought to tow just about anything I put behind it. I tow boats quite a bit and a lot of chemical trailers and flatbeds with equipment. Now I can do it in comfort! I got rid of my f250 and have missed it ever since..
Old 07-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pipeliner
Lol that's funny right there. All of the aftermarket companies figure out how to bypass this before the product goes out the door. If they couldn't bypass they wouldn't sale any products.
I didn't say you could not bypass the factory program, I said the rumor is that the factory has a hidden way of finding out if the factory program has been altered. If altered, and you need their help, you are denied warranty.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
I ordered a 4x4 3500hd dually 4dr last night. Says its still another 27 days out. Black on black LTZ. The only thing I didnt get was the moonroof. I think that has got to be the lamest option Ive ever seen in a truck. Oh, and I didnt get the sliding rear window, I wanted the flat glass for a sticker anyways.

GM is offering only $1500 in rebates but they expect another $500 once they start hitting the lots, which would have been nice.

This thing ought to tow just about anything I put behind it. I tow boats quite a bit and a lot of chemical trailers and flatbeds with equipment. Now I can do it in comfort! I got rid of my f250 and have missed it ever since..
Nice truck!

I keep thinking of buying a black truck, my last 9 have been white! That will look good pulling a cat too! The guy with the 09 32 Spectre w/checkerboard graphics has a nice black dually pulling that rig!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterboy222

That's the exact truck I have except mine is an '07. I think you'll be very happy with it except for trying to keep it clean. Washing a 4dr dually is a 12pk job..........damn, no beer smiley!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered

My F250 was black and it held up on dirt roads, strip mines, drunken lake roads, hunting and boat hauling pretty well!

I want to set it up just like donzi teams truck. I will see if i can find a pic of it, I took one last week at the run.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered

like this one.. except maybe not a camper shell
Attached Thumbnails 2011 GM Trucks.......-cid_54dfd1db-aa8b-4fbc-9a0d-f4b69a48b109.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.