Notices

08 F450 Electric Brakes

Old 07-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 08 F450 Electric Brakes

I have a 08 F450 with the factory brake controller and when i hook it to the trailer the electric over hyd brakes dont work. I have had it to the Ford dealer and they said everything was fine. It has done this to 2 different trailers. And the brakes work on another Ford. What could it be? Thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Bobby, there is an adapter that you need. You can get it from Bill at Myco.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:58 PM
DM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may want to look into a separate brake controller. My dealer was not helpful on this. I'm using the Tekonsha P3 brake controller model # 90195. This is plugged into a Tekonsha wire harness adapter model # 3034-P. This plugs directly into the Ford factory harness now being used by your integrated brake controller. Simply unplug the existing and this is a plug and play application. No adapters or splicing etc. This is what I had to do to get my electric over hydraulic brakes to work properly all the time. My only dissatisfaction now is that when you start the truck, the dash has the message "trailer brake module fault" , when you hit the reset button it goes away. Kind of annoying and the dealer does not know how to clear it. Have to live with that for now or until its hooked up for the electric brakes only again. Anyway, thats my .02cents. Best of luck to you.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:45 PM
rjr
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Ford controller on my 08 F350 DRW works great. I would not consider changing to an aftermarket unit. Talk to the guys that made the e/h pump they will know how to make it work with the factory unit.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

User error
Old 07-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by seltzer
User error
HAHAHA

Thanks guys for the information