Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Need input on truck chassis type, mileage, use and drivetrain?? >

Need input on truck chassis type, mileage, use and drivetrain??

Notices

Need input on truck chassis type, mileage, use and drivetrain??

Old 10-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by boatntrkr
have you found a tow rig yet? Im THINKING about selling my 06 chevrolet 3500 4x4 duramax crew cab dually LT3 interior...right at 100k miles.

I would keep it if I were you.
Do you know about all the emissions of 07 and up models?
See my post #29 here http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/t...ml#post3221691
Old 10-02-2010, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the red 2008 dmax with the custom body was mine just sold it have to take it off line give me a call and ill tell you about fuel milage and more 401 841 5866
Old 10-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aquaforce
Well I pulled the trigger. Traded in my 07 Suburban 2500 LT3 for an 06 3500 Duramax (LBZ) DRW, 4x4, crew cab with 40K miles warranty remaining.
I'm not wild about the color, Graystone, and it is missing a sunroof but has everything else.

The PO added the Delphi trouchscreen Nav system which makes it work almost exactly like my Suburban did. There is a port for me to add a back-up camera also.
A Curt mfg goose neck hide a ball system was in the truck with Air Lift bags installed.

With all the extras and low miles it seems pretty good. I will be adding Alcoa wheels, changing the running boards, adding a bed cap and a few other things that I prefer. The class 3 hitch will have to go for a class V also.

This should do ok with a Formula 382.
You made the right choice with 4x4. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I agree, grey sucks.

REAL trucks don't have sunroofs. Or spark plugs.

I had air bags in my Dodge dually and they made the ride worse.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
You made the right choice with 4x4. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I agree, grey sucks.

I have had moonroofs in both of my super dutys. would never buy one without one. And they were both more REAL truck than your current one
Old 10-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

I agree, grey sucks.

I do like my sunroofs. Only 2 of my previous trucks did not have them and since I'm planning on keeping this one for a while I may install one.

What did you have for shocks?
I'm planning on Bilsteins for this truck. I wonder if the bags give me some bounce with these stock shocks. I never keep stock shocks and people are always amazed at how well my trucks ride. After the Bilstein shocks go on I can re-evaluate the ride and see how the air is doing.

When I start working on the truck I have seriously thought about changing the color. We shall see.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:07 PM
Registered

Bilstein is a great shock. I am still running my factory Ranchos. they are pretty cheap so i will prob replace with them.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
I have had moonroofs in both of my super dutys. would never buy one without one. And they were both more REAL truck than your current one
My truck was more real than any of those POS 6.0s you work on.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

What did you have for shocks?
I'm planning on Bilsteins for this truck. I wonder if the bags give me some bounce with these stock shocks. I never keep stock shocks and people are always amazed at how well my trucks ride. After the Bilstein shocks go on I can re-evaluate the ride and see how the air is doing.

I never changed shocks on my truck but I've heard that KYB is a good shock. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Registered

My truck was more real than any of those POS 6.0s you work on.
You dont have a truck dude. SOOOOOOO Yeah! bring your 300 and your chain.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered

I never changed shocks on my truck but I've heard that KYB is a good shock. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

KYB is only 20% stiffer than factory. It is an improvement but I don't know if that is enough to satisfy the functional range of a 3500 chassis? Maybe for some but not myself.

I have KYB's on my 88 Toronado Trofeo and I like them for the car but I'll want more for the truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.