Notices

Another Diesel Shoot Out

Old 09-28-2010, 01:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPerf360
Dodge trucks are built in St Louis or Mexico, the build and paint quality of the Mexico trucks are far superior to the St Louis trucks.
What's your reference?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crallscars
I'll take the Dodge, they stay out of the shop longer
Out of the engine techs bay maybe, but not the tranny guys, or the trim guys, or the suspension guys....

Originally Posted by Catmando
Yes and the Cummins can be made to handle 800hp/1600tq for towing. Only the Dmax can match that and it won't last nearly as long.
Haven't read to much diesel world or diesel performance lately have ya! Set Ur powerboat subscription down and broaden your horizons my RAM loving aquatic colleague....

Originally Posted by Tim G.
I was considering a Ford...... But now with this whole Mexican engine thing......
It looks as though I'll be staying a GM man...
Good man! The General appreciates it

Originally Posted by FROGMAN524
I woiuldn't buy the Ford simply because it's "Hecho en Mexico"

Not to mention they have to come up with a new and redesigned diesel every two or three years because the only one they ever got right was the 7.3 whereas the Duramax has essentially been the same for 10 years
Indeed, and wasn't international responsible for the only good Ford diesel? Indeed! And before u pull the Isuzu Duramax card gm haters, no that gm owned a controlling share of them at the time I believe.

Dodge trucks are built in St Louis or Mexico, the build and paint quality of the Mexico trucks are far superior to the St Louis trucks.

What's your reference?
Guy who nos another guy who's brother in-law was a custodian and both plants but got fired from the Mexican plant for too many siestas!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wideawake
Bought a Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 in August.

Mine was Mexico, parked beside a St. Louis truck. Difference was evident. Better paint and door spacings were closer in the Mexico truck than the St. Louis one

Or you could buy a car from Jefferson north, and get the extra value of a Colt 45 bottle and a dube at no additional cost.
Just seen that video today! F'in hilarious... more than likely ud find miller lite bottle, union folk tend to drink union beer silly goose! that don't happen at my GM plant... they don't give us along enough lunch, 24 min. And can only be outside the gate for 12mins that's unpaid.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Registered

I woiuldn't buy the Ford simply because it's "Hecho en Mexico"

Not to mention they have to come up with a new and redesigned diesel every two or three years because the only one they ever got right was the 7.3 whereas the Duramax has essentially been the same for 10 years
the 7.3 is gone only due to emmissions. I'm sure they tried to make it work. but she is a big olde engine. then strapping egr system and all the other crap to it... prob would just not fit. the 6.7 will be here to stay. and its quality is obvious over any of its navistar little brothers. and im pretty sure just the engine is made in mexico. they are usually put together at the kentucky truck plant. even the 6.0s and 7.3s have mexico stampped all over the wire harnesses and other parts.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
the 6.7 will be here to stay. and its quality is obvious over any of its navistar little brothers.
Well there you have it ladies and gentlemen, the final answer to all of our prayers
Old 09-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't read to much diesel world or diesel performance lately have ya! Set Ur powerboat subscription down and broaden your horizons my RAM loving aquatic colleague....

I subscribe to both of them. What was in my post that you disagree with? You can tow with an 800hp Cummins. That might be a little much for everyday heavy(15-20K) loads, but there's a guy with a triple turbo setup making over 700hp and he tows over 12K every time he goes out. His rig has been in all the diesel mags.

Try that with a Dmax and you'd need twins, lots of other mods and very aggressive tuning. They just won't hold up for heavy towing day in and day out. That's all I was saying. A Duramax will not tow very long at its limit, whereas a Cummins will.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Registered

I have a St. Louis built truck and the paint is very good for a factory paint job.

I guess I got lucky and got one that was built on tuesday.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I subscribe to both of them. What was in my post that you disagree with? You can tow with an 800hp Cummins. That might be a little much for everyday heavy(15-20K) loads, but there's a guy with a triple turbo setup making over 700hp and he tows over 12K every time he goes out. His rig has been in all the diesel mags.

Try that with a Dmax and you'd need twins, lots of other mods and very aggressive tuning. They just won't hold up for heavy towing day in and day out. That's all I was saying. A Duramax will not tow very long at its limit, whereas a Cummins will.
The one and only time I ever spoke with you on the phone.. you were smoking a joint.. I can see you were hitting it again when you posted that garbage above..
Again, way off base. Not to many people on this and any other board can claim 250k plus miles on both the Duramax as well as the 6.0 you continually put down. AND THEY TOW 9-12K EVERY DAY. There is no truck other than stock or just a tow tune that you will see not blow up with those miles on it,,,,and tow those weights on a daily basis. I dont care what the magazine says..700 hp and tows 15-20k on a daily basis and I guarantee you turned it around to suit your Cummins promotion... and yes if it was stock the Cummins could do it also.. the problem is the rest of the truck fell apart on us before I got to 119k. Possibly different with the new trucks, and I did drive them and was impressed...but it is no way like our new Duramax or 6.7 Ford.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Registered

Screw the dope this guys on meth... with that sed....

a dmax would need twins to hang with his trip turbos? sounds fair and cheaper and more reliable to me!. Here's a homework assignment, go research dimitri millard and his Duramax, might sound familiar? cause he won the diesel challenge this year.... 3 dmax's in the top 5 aswell with one lonely RAM. Next closest ram to the one in 2nd place u ask? 9th.

A local guy I no hauls commercially with his dmax, had the frame stretched, a sleeper installed etc... how many miles on stock motor and tranny? 364k and counting and of all things its a first gen. Lb7.

Makes me think for being stock, an everyday guy like me should never need to buy another diesel to pull my boat.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:59 AM
Registered

You don't need twins to make 700 ponies in a Duramax, go talk to Mark Broviak at Danville Performance and with one of his stage 2 modded stock turbo duramaxes, with stock internals, a lift pump and some EFI Live tuning, you can make 700HP liveably

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.