Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Front mounted lift. NEED experiences and pictures!! >

Front mounted lift. NEED experiences and pictures!!

Notices

Front mounted lift. NEED experiences and pictures!!

Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front mounted lift. NEED experiences and pictures!!

Hi guys! I am considdering to buy a lift for my boat. Since we only have big marinas with floating docks here, the only version that would fit is a lift that connects to the "main dock" with a hinge, and that has pontoons that is filled with air by an electric pump.

I would very much apprechiate your experiences with this system. Please also post some pictures if you have. And also, who sell these lifts??

Thank you!!

Erik
Old 10-20-2010, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jet Docks are nice but you need deep water for a big lift, my buddy had one for his 46 Black Thunder, I think it was a 20k# and had to have over 6 feet of water. I liked it because you can walk around the boat not like other ones that have nothing or just a plank down the sides.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered

Erik; I have a lift like you are describing; it is a Drive On lift. As this is the only lift I've owned I don't have anything to compare it to, but I like the way it's set up and how it works.

Unfortunately, this company went out of business several years ago. What was left of the company was bought by a local gentleman but I don't believe he's produced any.

Try contacting these folks: http://drewlift.com/ I haven't spoken with them but it's the same basic design as what I have.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Registered

I had bougth a used Hydro hoist 3 years ago. As I change boats I have to modify the lift but has been duable each time. After now seeing mine and looking at the other lifts that are in the marina, I will stay with Hyro Hoist.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Thanks for the link. I have sent them an email. Dou you know other manufacturers that make front mount lifts? It is the only system I can use.

Thanks!!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
Thanks for the link. I have sent them an email. Dou you know other manufacturers that make front mount lifts? It is the only system I can use.
Thanks!!
Erik,

Poly Lift has a front mount model if that's what you need. If your u-slip has walkways on each side you may be able to use a 4-point lift that has 2 or more hinge points along each side of the lift.

Regardless of how your slip is designed, we can build a lift for your boat up to 40,000 lbs.

Post a photo of your slip along with rough dimensions and boat specs and I can help guide you in the right direction.

Casey