Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
loadmaster trailer- what do you think? >

loadmaster trailer- what do you think?

Notices

loadmaster trailer- what do you think?

Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loadmaster trailer- what do you think?

New boat, 353 formula fastec. I just wanted to hear feedback on a loadmaster trailer. I know Myco is the ultimate, but I only trailer a couple of times per year. I would much rather put the money into the boat. Thanks
Old 11-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a loadmaster. I think that it works fine. I have towed for 5 hours one way and it didnt skip a beat. It is somewhat creaky, but overall I am happy with it.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:42 AM
Registered

I have one.Been a very good trailer,would not hesitate buying another one.I would assume you are talking about Loadmaster in Port Clinton Ohio.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:14 AM
Registered

I have a Loadmaster, also. They are a little creaky, but I haven't had any issues with mine. I have trailered 2+ hours multiple times with no complaints.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Registered

Yes, the place in Ohio. I'm not sure if I like the word "creaky" associated with a long trailer. Would anyone like to expand on the creaking? Also, how about the loading of the boat on the trailer, does it center ok?
Old 11-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Registered

My trailer has a ton of miles on it.I have had no problems with it.I launch and load by myself,the boat centers fine.Any trailer with multiple axles will make creaking sounds when you are jockying it around,I guess binding would be a good term for it.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered

I own a 18900 lb gvw Loadmaster and I believe its well engineered for a mid-priced trailer. Its not a Myco but your not paying Myco prices and would be entirely suitable for your application. Good luck.....
Old 11-05-2010, 09:06 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great trailer. Sold and used TONS of them over the years. If you don't go Myco go with LM
Old 11-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

I had a new one built in 01. I tow 200 miles every weekend, and havent even replaced a bearing yet. I couldnt ask for a better bunk setup, drive on, crank on it doesnt matter it centers every time. Its hard to beat an open "c channel" construction on a steel trailer, it can not rot from the inside out. The fact that the bunks are fully adjustable will also make it easier to sell if you ever decide to. they do tend to "creak" a little but its nothing to worry about. If I even buy another steel trailer it will be a LM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
I had a new one built in 01. I tow 200 miles every weekend, and havent even replaced a bearing yet. I couldnt ask for a better bunk setup, drive on, crank on it doesnt matter it centers every time. Its hard to beat an open "c channel" construction on a steel trailer, it can not rot from the inside out. The fact that the bunks are fully adjustable will also make it easier to sell if you ever decide to. they do tend to "creak" a little but its nothing to worry about. If I even buy another steel trailer it will be a LM.
Yep!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.