Notices

Who uses what mudguards? Pics?

Old 11-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I have a set of Rock Tamers. They attach to the trailer hitch drawbar.

I do have to say, they make the drawbar damn heavy and awkward. I have the buried in storage, and will keep them.

When I went to my dually, I went with the molded mudguards that bold to the fender. I then extended them a bit with another set of hard plastic mudflaps.
Brian,
You're right about about the heavy and awkward statement. I have to remove my insert with the Rocktamers every time I put my truck in the garage due to overall length. It's a real treat manuvering the whole assembly around at about 6' wide and not real easy to store when off the truck! With that said, I still really like the protection they offer.
Steve
Old 11-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

With the wider tires/w spacers they dont cover all of the outside of the tire.the larger mud flap would prob do a better job but didnt like the looks,we'll the rock tamers aint that pretty either
Attached Thumbnails Who uses what mudguards?  Pics?-vent-9-09-001-large-.jpg   Who uses what mudguards?  Pics?-vent-9-09-002-large-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by 509 SC
Brian,
You're right about about the heavy and awkward statement. I have to remove my insert with the Rocktamers every time I put my truck in the garage due to overall length. It's a real treat manuvering the whole assembly around at about 6' wide and not real easy to store when off the truck! With that said, I still really like the protection they offer.
Steve
When I was last using and removing them regularly, I made a "receiver" out of 2x4s/lumber and nailed it to the wall in the garage. I would just pull the Tamers/Drawbar out as one assembly, and pivot 90 degrees and insert it into the receiver on the wall.

I do like the entire truck width brush as linked above. It looks a lot lighter!