Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Chevy Dominates Ford in Tow Test - pickuptrucks.com >

Chevy Dominates Ford in Tow Test - pickuptrucks.com

Notices

Chevy Dominates Ford in Tow Test - pickuptrucks.com

Old 11-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rlj676
This has been studied. The cost to make it work kills the business case, as the demographic that would buy these (although diehards) isn't big enough to recoup the investments.

It isn't quite just drop it in and sell it unfortunately. I think it would be a bad ass setup.
I can't believe you would sell more "gassers" over a diesel/allison combo. The fuel economy alone would be enough, let alone the power and torque that the combination would provide. Finally, the longevity of the truck would be, I would have to say, at least 5 times as much!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jamie B.
Diesel Power ? That magazine has stated things as fact on more than one occassion that have not been true.

I'm not saying this particular acticle is littered with misinformation, but I'd certainly not believe what you read in that magazine as gospel.

Back on topic : I really like the look and stats of the 2011 GMC dually's, which is hard for me to say since I've been a Cummins/Dodge guy.
I have noticed a lack of honesty sometimes with DP. I like Diesel World, they seem like an honest mag and they have good info and projects.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:58 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

No suprises here

Duramax has been out pulling Ford and Dodge since 06.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
I can't believe you would sell more "gassers" over a diesel/allison combo. The fuel economy alone would be enough, let alone the power and torque that the combination would provide. Finally, the longevity of the truck would be, I would have to say, at least 5 times as much!
This isn't the thoughts for HD's, just half tons

Think more along the lines of the fuel efficient specific half tons we sell now, but better.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
No suprises here

sounds like you work at a gm dealership
Old 11-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wobble
No suprises here

Really?? Ever been to the Hill Country? I guarandamTEE you Dodges outnumber Fords and Chevys there. Those guys haul livestock and everything else and they prefer the Cummins seven out of ten trucks by my reckoning.

Go to www.ltlhotshot.myfreeforum.org and note how may Dodge owners are members there and how few Ford and Chevy owners are members.

Chevy won this test but in the real world of heavy towing the Duramax will not last. Not to mention the weak front suspension compared to the Ford and Dodge Dana solid axles.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I am happy for GM. I can say that any truck that is superior to my 2011 Ford is a great truck. Almost unbelievably better than my 06 Ford. We all will have more fun getting to the lake. American companies are buiding some great products. For those who haven't driven the latest trucks, have some fun and test drive one. You'll be surprised.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Really?? Ever been to the Hill Country? I guarandamTEE you Dodges outnumber Fords and Chevys there. Those guys haul livestock and everything else and they prefer the Cummins seven out of ten trucks by my reckoning.

Go to www.ltlhotshot.myfreeforum.org and note how may Dodge owners are members there and how few Ford and Chevy owners are members.

Chevy won this test but in the real world of heavy towing the Duramax will not last. Not to mention the weak front suspension compared to the Ford and Dodge Dana solid axles.
Also mention the Dodges are the cheapest and to a rancher/farmer that makes a difference when your truck is essentially a farm tool......
Old 11-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
I have gasser 1500 pickups and I like the way they drive. The 5.3 motor hauls azz and gets 14 mpg working whereas my duramax gets 12's. Longevity means nothing to a soccer mom, she wants a new car whenever her friends/neighbors get one not when the old one wears out. GM 4.3/4.8/5.3 gas motors are all 300K+ motors if maintained.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Also mention the Dodges are the cheapest and to a rancher/farmer that makes a difference when your truck is essentially a farm tool......
Also mention the most reliable engine in its class, able to go 500,000 miles between overhauls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.