Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Chevy Dominates Ford in Tow Test - pickuptrucks.com >

Chevy Dominates Ford in Tow Test - pickuptrucks.com

Notices

Chevy Dominates Ford in Tow Test - pickuptrucks.com

Old 11-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Dominates Ford in Tow Test - pickuptrucks.com

My title is slightly paraphrased, but read the comparison.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/11...e-rockies.html

They originally (first test) picked the GM trucks because they rode better and towed better, turns out in the real world they flat kill the Ford when doing what they're built to do. Towed up a long past much faster, and the exhaust brake was FAR more effective.

Let me say it for the Ford fanboys, government motors is ran by Obama, Ford is approved by the tea party so it is the only choice.

Disclaimer: I'm a GM employee. I also think both these trucks are awesome, and will more than perform up to what 99% of the public could throw at them.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Whatever the circumstances, both Ford and GM, and I guess even Dodge, are making much better trucks and engines than just two years ago. Competition is nice, competency is even better.

I've made a ton of money on Ford options, GM I just don;t know. But pretty soon, at least three truck companies will be publicly owned.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

A few points I will agree with, and only cause I own both and drive them regulary. The exhaust brake on the Ford is not nearly as good as the GM's...and actually the new Dodge I feel is even better.. after doing some research I feel after re-reading the article and looking at the results. Ford's tune on the 6.7 needs work on fuel calibrations for altitude or the Duramax turbo is a better match to the engine at altitude. Both trucks are evenly matched down at 5200 ft. in Denver where they were dyno'd.
Note that as the altitude increased, the gap in speed between the GM and Ford also increased. Competition is great and will make all these trucks get better, that helps us all in the long run.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I like both trucks. I do get a kick out of the new Chevy commercials showing the new PS as a baby girl.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Now if Gm could make their own engine or trans they may have something. Gm heads, cranks, rods all come from Japan. Not to mention Isuzu, who designed the engine is a 40% owner in the duramax plant. So Obama and Japan have their part in you new chevy. Congrats!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

But those GD injectors. I much prefer the older dmax compared to the new ones with all that smog stuff they are fighting with... water injection etc..

But man, been through 3 tear downs for injectors and I don't think they've made any changes to the part so that it doesn't keep happening after swapping out.

For GM, I'd have to say you certainly want the LLY (2006).

Slightly better engine and the 6th gear in the Allison is enabled.

But after the LLY, things go the "other" way. There really isn't a perfect 3/4 ton pickup without some pretty big caveats.

I've kept my truck bone stock except for one size bigger tires. Can't imagine all the issues I'd have with tuners and I came real close to buying one.

2004 - 152K miles. for the price of the LB7 injectors and labor you could buy a real decent used car! I like the truck but it's frustrating to keep dealing with this.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Registered

Do any of you know whether or not you can change the tire setting for the LB7 using the Tech II ?
Old 11-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by SDFever
But those GD injectors. I much prefer the older dmax compared to the new ones with all that smog stuff they are fighting with... water injection etc..

But man, been through 3 tear downs for injectors and I don't think they've made any changes to the part so that it doesn't keep happening after swapping out.

For GM, I'd have to say you certainly want the LLY (2006).

Slightly better engine and the 6th gear in the Allison is enabled.

But after the LLY, things go the "other" way. There really isn't a perfect 3/4 ton pickup without some pretty big caveats.

I've kept my truck bone stock except for one size bigger tires. Can't imagine all the issues I'd have with tuners and I came real close to buying one.

2004 - 152K miles. for the price of the LB7 injectors and labor you could buy a real decent used car! I like the truck but it's frustrating to keep dealing with this.
The LBZ was the best DMax motor IMO.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ttuton
Now if Gm could make their own engine or trans they may have something. Gm heads, cranks, rods all come from Japan. Not to mention Isuzu, who designed the engine is a 40% owner in the duramax plant. So Obama and Japan have their part in you new chevy. Congrats!!!
The above is not accurate.....

DMAX of Moraine, Ohio is a manufacturer of Diesel engines for trucks.Originally A joint venture between General Motors and Isuzu Motors, the formation of DMAX was announced in December 1998. General Motors acquired a majority stake of the venture in 2003, including all engine designs. The company's Duramax V8 engine has been extremely successful for GM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMAX_%28engines%29

The Duramax is a great motor!
Old 11-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja_Bigdog
The above is not accurate.....

DMAX of Moraine, Ohio is a manufacturer of Diesel engines for trucks.Originally A joint venture between General Motors and Isuzu Motors, the formation of DMAX was announced in December 1998. General Motors acquired a majority stake of the venture in 2003, including all engine designs. The company's Duramax V8 engine has been extremely successful for GM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMAX_%28engines%29

The Duramax is a great motor!
Thanks for clarifying what was clearly a pathetic attempt at trolling, or else just a painfully misinformed tea party nut job. I'd love to see the source that this motor has those parts from Japan.....

GM employees develop and work on all D-max programs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.