Notices

2005 6.0 ford

Old 01-26-2011, 09:40 PM
87cafe
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 2c, ive had them all, 7.3 dually loved it had 120,000 miles i wanted a 05 6.0 lit much quite, i bought it used, evem though i have friends that s had trouble out of the 03-06, stll gave em a shot love the look of the of the ford it had 94,000 miles. thats nothing for a diesel, no programmer just mbrp exaust, i do work them i tow 2car hauler + boats n oticed it started leaking anti freeze between the block and the head, same ole story iive been told time& time again! so i went with an 2002 duramax, had injector recall, got that done, have a hypertech programmer and exsaults, i bought it used with 88.000 miles and i still have it and it now has 208,000 and i love it! im am now in the market for a 07-09 duramax, and putting mine up for sale to me you cant beat a chevy its never let me down! allthough my dream truck would be a ford body cummings engine, with allison trans. hope this will help you.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
32skater How many mpg do you get? Did you have any problems before doing all that stuff? How much did it cost to have those three things done? I am in Ohio too, where do you boat at?
sorry i took so long to get back with you im not on here much i get about 18 mpg on high way not towing but my truck is lifted on 35s i had arps done under warranty so i just cost me parts about 500 bucks for studs egr and elc ( extended life coolant ) with a coolant flush first and built oil cooler 1500 bucks parts and labor i did know the guy doing the labor so i got a little deal on it

i boat at brookville and cumberland but mostly brookville since i live 15 mins from there lol i just got my boat running took it out few weeks ago for test run now its in the garage for paint