Notices

Nissan skyline.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I think its pretty damn boring to drive, and my old neighbor has one with a Cobb tune and other stuff. The car is just so numb and blah feeling. It's comfy, but it did nothing for me, there's just no soul or excitement to me when driving. It's quick and smooth, but its missing that raw brutal character I love, ala Viper, it just doesn't have the character/connected feeling driving a car like that or a GT3.

It's a good car, just not for me.

Also, kinda ridiculous that it has maintenance cost and part cost that are more than some exotics costing over twice as much. Too much to worry about with any mods too with Nissan giving warranty fits for issues even if your only mod was exhaust/intake and no tune. I mean they have the balls to charge over 100+ a quart for tranny fluid and anything else used will void the warrenty... funny how other cars with d/c trannies don't seem to have that issue. And if you have to replace the transmission, your looking at around 20g's.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 01-20-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Ugly JAP CRAP !!!!!!!! Just another example of american money going overseas to line some jap"s pocket at our expense !!! The bottom line is that some time in the future your son or gradson will probably be out of work with no job prospect except possibly working for them .... and you will have no one to blame but yourself for convincing your family or kids that it was O.K. to purchase all this foreign crap instead of buying american made products.... Of course its probably too late to change things now!!!!! Very little left to buy that is american made....Sorry guys dont take my rant personal......

G.M., FORD ,Chrysler
All the way, may not
be the best, but the
Money and profit stays
Here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim
Old 01-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Chyrsler is now an Italian owned company.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigboat1
G.M., FORD ,Chrysler
All the way, may not
be the best, but the
Money and profit stays
Here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim
Yep, because those three companies have been models of profitability.....
Old 01-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by cigboat1
Ugly JAP CRAP !!!!!!!! Just another example of american money going overseas to line some jap"s pocket at our expense !!! The bottom line is that some time in the future your son or gradson will probably be out of work with no job prospect except possibly working for them .... and you will have no one to blame but yourself for convincing your family or kids that it was O.K. to purchase all this foreign crap instead of buying american made products.... Of course its probably too late to change things now!!!!! Very little left to buy that is american made....Sorry guys dont take my rant personal......

G.M., FORD ,Chrysler
All the way, may not
be the best, but the
Money and profit stays
Here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim

Do a little research, Skyline is very limited production and your rant would be better guided at Prius owners that seem to multiply like fleas!
EVERY Dodge diesel truck is made in Mexico, Chrysler is foreign owned.
Many "American" cars are made in Mexico/Canada so your patriotism may be misplaced when you open the drivers door and see the "Made in _____" sticker on the door.
BTW ALL Mercedes/BWM SUVs are made in America......AL/SC built.

I think American cars are fine, trucks are best offered but many cars (and boats) have simply become overpriced. 50K for a base Corvette, 60K for an Escalade......no wonder these sell for 20% less in 6 months or less.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered

My 2007 dodge diesel truck was made in St. Louis
Old 01-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawkcat
I was talking about new ones........that plant in St Louis closed I believe. You would be surprised at the cars made in Mexico....some GM 1500's (Silag, Mexico), all Jettas/Beetles (Puebla), 2500/3500 diesel Dodges, Honda CRV.....
Old 01-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
Chyrsler is now an Italian owned company.
yup

Originally Posted by bustedbrick
Yep, because those three companies have been models of profitability.....
Exactly. I got tired of the junk that the big 3 have put out and now only buy Toyota/Lexus. If someone wants me to buy big 3 again, I've got stacks of repair receipts they can reimburse me for from when I owned them before.

Originally Posted by firehawkcat
I've made ALOT of money at that plant

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I was talking about new ones........that plant in St Louis closed I believe. You would be surprised at the cars made in Mexico....some GM 1500's (Silag, Mexico), all Jettas/Beetles (Puebla), 2500/3500 diesel Dodges, Honda CRV.....
They closed the van plant we revamped but i think the truck plant still has a day shift. Don't hold me to it though.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

The Japanese are clamoring to build plants in America and the Big 3 are clamoring to build them in Mexico/Canada.

While ultimately profits are directed to Japan, look at how much of the labor and payroll and taxes stay right here in the USA.

Also - you can call it ugly JAP crap all you want but look at the innovation the Japanese use while the American's spent the entire time cramming the same old **** down our throats.

The early to mid-90's are a great example:

Japanese Firms:

1990 - 1996 Nissan Z's - Twin Turbo Charged, 4-wheel steering, adjustable suspension
1993 - 1995 Mazda RX-7 - Twin Turbo Charged lightweight rocket
1993 - ??? - Toyota Supra - Ground Pounding Twin Turbo In-Line 6
1991 - 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT - 4 Wheel Drive Twin Turbo cannon.

All 4 of the above have a cult following with TONS of these cars runnign around DAILY DRIVEN with reliable 500, 600, 700 800 HP engines and still revered for their styling.

Meanwhile what were the big 3 producing? The 5.0 Mustang and the C4 Corvette? While arguably "neat" cars (I would own a 5.0 mustang) these were hardly innovative.

Fast forward a decade - the big 3 still have their heads up there asses and people everywhere are buying hybrids yet the US mfgs don't have anything in that department?

ALSO - the "profits" land primarily with the large stockhodlers which are always huge investment groups and may or may not be keep their primary domicile in the US. Most likely if they have done any tax planning it is NOT in the US.

3 out 4 of our cars are American - but that is just coincidence - not because I am killing myself to buy from the big 3, and after the big bailout, I would be hard pressed to buy anything other than FORD - at least they stood on their own feet.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered

So it's cool for foreign companies to build here, pay Americans less (than American competitors, hooray for the race to the bottom), and ship the profits home and keep the high paid value add jobs there!

You're right, that's way better than an engineered in the US car built in Mexico shipping the profits here.

Then let's get into the supply base, and where they're from, who their employees, are, and where their profits go!

Seeing as labor costs are under 10% of the cost of a car, you're really helping the country out by buying a foreign car built in the US! Pull your heads out of the sand. This crap gets old to those of us in the industry who understand how it works.

If you like a foreign car better, buy it, that's how competition works. Don't rationalize your purchase with bull**** about how it's "better" for the country! Luckily the current crop of REAL domestics are far better than the unimaginative junk from Toyota/Honda right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.