Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Oil bath bearings Prestige Trailer >

Oil bath bearings Prestige Trailer

Notices

Oil bath bearings Prestige Trailer

Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil bath bearings Prestige Trailer

I have a 2004 Prestige Trailer under my 353 Fastech with oil bath bearings. Does anyone know who the manufacturer of oil bath bearings Prestige used? They are a pressed in stainles hub that looks allot like a bearing buddy (it is very tightly pressed in, doesn't budge) The face is plastic and sits flush and is not removeable. The oil is changed through a plug in the hub that you have to remove the wheel to get to. It looks like a very good unit compared to some of the other ones that could crack or break. The plastic lens is protected really well. It appears Prestige is out of business, their phone is not connected? I have searched for oil bath bearings online and find nothing that looks like these.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They were bought by Heritage trailers about 2 years ago. Contact them, they can steer you in the right direction. Prestige is one of the best trailers made! It was a sad day when they sold. Heritage is doing well in continuing the tradition though.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Registered

Default oil bath bearings

Finally found it, they are Trailer Buddy Gold by UFB. Anyone have experience with this specific brand?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you want to know, I service a bass boat trailer with them installed...

http://www.ufpnet.com/Axles/tabid/55/Default.aspx

Rich
Cotnertrailers.com
Joker Powerboats 611
Old 03-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered

Default oil bath

I called the company to ask some questions and he told me they no longer make the oil bath. They must have seen issues with the set up in water. They were good enough to send me the bearing buddy grease caps for free and said the bearings and seals were the same from oil to grease so I can just knock off the oil caps and tap on the grease caps and fillem up!