Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anyone running vegetable oil in a car,truck or boat? >

Anyone running vegetable oil in a car,truck or boat?

Notices

Anyone running vegetable oil in a car,truck or boat?

Old 09-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Even though I have a decent supply of methanol, I have no veggy oil to make bio diesel with (the local restaurants recycle it), and not a lot of time to do so either. Since I pretty much use my truck in the summer only, I could probably get away with running it uncut, or mixing it, but I really have no interest. I just would like to be able to super filter my used oils and mix those in with the diesel, so keep an eye out for a decent/cheap filter.

And dont go looking for additional work for yourself monkey boy, I have plenty of work for you... trany this winter and I want to get those lifters changed in both engines before the cold weather sets in, so I'll need you to give me a hand getting those blowers on and off. I adjusted the valves in the port engine yesterday as I was getting nervous, all good though.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Told you bring the boat here! as for a filter set up are you looking for in vehicle or floor unit. I can build one in about a day and its no extra work.
-Mike