Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Tell me why this isnt a good deal. >

Tell me why this isnt a good deal.

Notices

Tell me why this isnt a good deal.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tell me why this isnt a good deal.

For clairity I dont own this truck and dont know the owner.

I Like to browse the classifieds to kill time and normally stick to the boats section. Today I opened Trucks and this caught my eye. Now I realize its a very specific use truck but what if thats what a guy is looking for( tow vehicle) for say a 35 to 42 ft boat. With these big trucks does it matter that this truck is 2wd? How bad is the insurance on a truck like this? Is the milage going to be a whole lot worse while towing than say a F350 diesel? What does this truck cost new? I would guess about 100K?

Lets hear your thoughts http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o38221-en.html
Old 03-27-2011, 08:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at these before I bought my F650 and I did look at this one online. It is a small truck somewhat like the GMC Topkick, but still nice. It was an expensive truck new, so it seems like a very good price and low miles too. I just don't think a lot of people who want to tow a really big boat would be drawn to this. They want the larger Freightliners, F650's etc. Before I bought this, I would probably just go with an F350 or 3500 Chev. With my F650 the two wheel drive makes no difference at the boat ramps. You can drop the back of the truck down with the air ride and throw a lot of weight on the back wheels. The six speed transmission is also a good upgrade over the five. It makes a big difference on the interstate driving.

Last edited by ElimiNordic; 03-27-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Great truck, IF it doesnt have the small 200hp engine.
300hp is pretty much a must..
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 03-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

International diesels are underpowered compared to CAT and Cummins. There's a black F650 in the classifieds with the 300hp CAT. More expensive at almost $60k but that's the way I would go.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o38137-en.html

Last edited by Catmando; 03-28-2011 at 10:03 PM.