Notices

Latest tests... HD to HD

Old 04-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I bet the test did NOT have the new 800 cummins in the dodge. I also noticed how the dodge was left out of half the charts? obviously its because it beat the GM, brakes, I guarantee it, exhaust brake, yes, frame, prob.

Looking forward to the real world test on OSO!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just had to replace a rear main seal in a 6.7 cummins when I went to the dealer to buy one I asked if it was a problem and the parts guy said " bad enough that I keep 3 in stock" the 5.9 had a very good history much like the 7.3 powerstroke apparently the 6.7 not so much
Old 04-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
I bet the test did NOT have the new 800 cummins in the dodge. I also noticed how the dodge was left out of half the charts? obviously its because it beat the GM, brakes, I guarantee it, exhaust brake, yes, frame, prob.

Looking forward to the real world test on OSO!
When I drove the truck, it has the best exhaust brake of the 3...it was loud but worked awesome. The GM was second best and close to the Dodge, but much quieter. The Ford is a different set up, not as effective, to be effective you put it manual mode and play with the + and - on the stalk with the tow haul in mode. I still prefer the Dodge's set up.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove all three, last truck was a Dodge. They are all more than capable of pulling their stated loads. I am more of a flat lander so I honestly don't care much about exhaust brake. If you are buying a diesel to drag race another diesel up a hill with a load like the tests then I guess that is a strange use of these trucks! lol There were two things that made me go with GM. They were the only manufacturer smart enough to put a 9th injector AT the DPF so they don't need to inject diesel on the exhaust stroke for filter regen. This is a problem with washing down the cylinders and diluting the oil. The second in one work.....Allison.