Notices

Chevrolet Tahoes

Old 04-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts
Default Chevrolet Tahoes

Can anyone offer opinions on these vehicles?

My wife and I are having a kid in about 2 months and the lifted Wrangler just isn't going to work, and i am not going to let a child destroy our XJR, so we are looking at these Tahoes.

One in particular we have narrowed down to is a 2007 LTZ - 5.3L, leather woodgrain, etc.... CarFax shows no issues and has records of all history at dealership (oil changes every ~5k, just had differential and fluids change) - only been in for "Service" once.

Thoughts on these things??

OH - and I don't need any commentary on towing - it won't be used for that.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i have a 2008 tahoe LT, and i love it. ive got another kid on the way in May and kind of wish i went for the Suburban instead of the Tahoe now. the tahoe is still great, and plenty big, plus i think it looks less soccer mom like then the suburban
Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I do not care for the way the third row is always in your way in the Tahoe/Yukon. A few years ago I compared the Tahoe, Expedition and Aspen. Went with the Aspen. It had more power, more tech and a better price.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Boomer35
i have a 2008 tahoe LT, and i love it. ive got another kid on the way in May and kind of wish i went for the Suburban instead of the Tahoe now. the tahoe is still great, and plenty big, plus i think it looks less soccer mom like then the suburban
I like the looks of the Tahoe better than the Suburban as well and I also think it is more maneuverable for my wife in Parking Lots, etc.... It just has a smaller stance in my mind.

Originally Posted by Baja_302
I do not care for the way the third row is always in your way in the Tahoe/Yukon. A few years ago I compared the Tahoe, Expedition and Aspen. Went with the Aspen. It had more power, more tech and a better price.
Baja - are you just saying you don't think there is enough truck aft of the 3rd row? Just to confirm, the rear seats are removable correct?
Old 04-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have more than one kid you will appreciate a Suburban more than a Tahoe, although the newer Tahoe is better, but the Sub has enough room for most of life.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Burnin' Love
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned five Tahoes from 99 to 07 and really didn't have any issues with any of them. Then, momma needed a little more bling, so we graduated to an Escalade. Probably ran them all to at least 80,000 miles. Great vehicles!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I like the looks of the Tahoe better than the Suburban as well and I also think it is more maneuverable for my wife in Parking Lots, etc.... It just has a smaller stance in my mind.

Baja - are you just saying you don't think there is enough truck aft of the 3rd row? Just to confirm, the rear seats are removable correct?
Yes they are removable, but don't fold into the floor. I thought it would be a pain....if you needed it for seating it may be back in your garage. If you need to load something into the back and they were there they'd be in the way. The design just bugs me.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't beat a Tahoe or Yukon for a baby wagon. We bought an 02 w/ 80,000 miles - mint for 10 grand.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

My tahoe has been very reliable. I now have 211k on the 5.3L. Yes the 3rd row seats are a pain, but i leave them out (instead of folded up) unless we are going to the lake & the kids bringing friends, then i put them in.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

My wife has an 09 Blk/Blk Yukon SLT (shorty like a Tahoe). Truck just hit 37K miles this weekend in 20 months. She had 2 GL Mercedes before this. She prefers the GL, but the GL was a hassle to service and always needed something fixed.

GL Mercedes had a perfect 3rd row (power fold into the floor, flat). Yukon is ok but seats fold up, fold down or can be taken out (no where near as easy to get out of the way!). Yukon has a 5.3 motor and visited the dealer ONCE at 35,700 miles for a door handle (paint chipped off) and steering squeak. Both changed under warranty. Truck gets 16 MPG combined city/hwy.

One thing I hate about it......rear windows don't go down all the way (only 1/2 way due to curve of door/wheel well). The Suburban looks a little more balanced due to the longer wheelbase/extra storage behind 3rd row.

One tip for you, pass on the 2nd row buckets with small kids. The "gap" between the seats is a hassle when a kid drops something it hits the floor and they can't reach it while strapped into a car seat. For adults the buckets are great but for small kids they suck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.