Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Trailering with full cover on the boat >

Trailering with full cover on the boat

Notices

Trailering with full cover on the boat

Old 04-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I went and got some rope and pipe insulation for my cover to snug it down really good. The pipe insulation should keep the gelcoat protected. I am taking a 3 hour trip to the lake tommorow so I will see how it works.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Gorrilla brand duct tape in the front will hold even in rain. Has a lot of adhesive. It comes off very first thing upon arrival and doesn't leave adhesive. I know it would leave some if I left it on for a while.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I trailer with a full cover, but only with covers made specifically for trailering. I have had full trailering covers made by the same local company for several of my past boats. These things are skin tight and do not move at all in the wind! Here are some pictures.

The first is one is my current boat, a 2005 39 Top Gun.
The second picture is a 2003 Canopied Gladiator.
The third picture is a 2000 38 Top Gun.
The last picture is a 1996 28 Pantera.
Attached Thumbnails Trailering with full cover on the boat-0000.jpg   Trailering with full cover on the boat-0001.jpg   Trailering with full cover on the boat-0002.jpg  

Trailering with full cover on the boat-0003.jpg  
Old 04-18-2011, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Duck now thats a trailering cover. Does it zip at the bottom aft of the bow stop?
Old 04-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Registered

Default Boat Cover

Duck, can you post the name and phone number of the company that makes your boat covers. I pull my boat back and forth between Florida and Ontario, sure would like to get it properly covered. Thanks
Old 04-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
I trailer with a full cover, but only with covers made specifically for trailering. I have had full trailering covers made by the same local company for several of my past boats. These things are skin tight and do not move at all in the wind! Here are some pictures.

The first is one is my current boat, a 2005 39 Top Gun.
The second picture is a 2003 Canopied Gladiator.
The third picture is a 2000 38 Top Gun.
The last picture is a 1996 28 Pantera.
That is some nice looking covers, what's the number?
Old 04-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Registered
Gold Member

That is exactly the type of cover I need. It worked out ok this weekend but I had to really snug the cover down in the back, all over for that matter. I also had to wipe the boat down because of all the pollen and fine dust that was in the cover blew loose all over the inside of the boat. I will be trailering as normal with no cover and hoping the bugs don't get that bad this year until I get one of those one of custom covers.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
..... Does it zip at the bottom aft of the bow stop?
Yes, it has a zipper from the bow stop down and the finish of the boat is protected from the zipper by a flap of material just like the zipper on a pair of pants. It also has a zipper across the windscreen in front of the cockpit. With that much material it is much easier to handle the cover in two pieces when it is off of the boat.

Originally Posted by Fearless010
Duck, can you post the name and phone number of the company that makes your boat covers.........
The guy that makes these covers use to work for a company called Canvas Experts, but he had a falling out with the company owner last year and now has his own company. His number is (443) 366-5825 (ask for David). He personally does everything on these covers from the initial patterns to the actual sewing to the final fitting.

The only catch is that he will need your actual boat to make the patterns. I talked to him about mass producing these covers, but he will not do it because he does not want to sacrifice the quality of the fit and finish. Not every boat is the same (even the same model of boat) and he builds reinforcement into all of the stress areas that will be covered. For example, even though two boat may be the same model, they may have different seats, different deck hardware, different hatches, different location for fuel fills, fuel tank vents, etc. He is that meticulous with his covers, but they last forever and they fit like a glove!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Registered

Duck, Thanks for the details. I'm thinking there is going to be a 10 to 11 hour drive in my future. Do you have any boating activities in your area this summer that would be worth the drive? How long I stay would be based on how long it takes to make the cover.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Nothing that I know of here in Ocean City, but check out these organizations because they host events within a few hours of here.

www.cbpba.com

www.njppc.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.