Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
2010 Cummins H&S Parts Installed! >

2010 Cummins H&S Parts Installed!

Notices

2010 Cummins H&S Parts Installed!

Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Offshore have you had any injector problems in the past cummins , just curious ?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by 575cat
Offshore have you had any injector problems in the past cummins , just curious ?
NONE.

Never touched the injectors in any of the 4 Cummins I have owned.

I did upgrade injectors in my 99 Freightliner Step Van Tool Truck (5.9 cummins 24 valve). But that was just for fun, not because there was any problems. Also installed an Edge programmer, 5" full custom exhaust, custom K&N, etc. Will post pics,video of that truck later.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Yeah I think about adding injectors, turbo, boost tube, cooler, air horn, water/meth, fuel pump etc. But I do not think I will improve my MPG enough to regain my investment. I have already improved so much with the mods done. Towing so heavy that there has to be a point where I stop gaining.

My rig gets more hand caculated MPG than any other car hauler rig I have met on the road, loaded heavy.

Thanks for the idea though. Always looking at ways to make more money to spend on boating!
I think of those mods you mention the trans cooler and the water/meth mods will give the best bang for your buck. Guys say 2-3mpg gains with water/meth. You might want to put a Mag/Hytec on the front axle too. Oil bypass system is a good ROI too, runs your changes out much farther.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
I think of those mods you mention the trans cooler and the water/meth mods will give the best bang for your buck. Guys say 2-3mpg gains with water/meth. You might want to put a Mag/Hytec on the front axle too. Oil bypass system is a good ROI too, runs your changes out much farther.
2WD so no need for the front Mag cover.

Thought about the oil bypass but what I have done in the past worked so good why change. Rotella and cheap filer every 3500-4000 miles. 400,000 all towing miles on my 03 Cummins. easy to change myself in the auto parts parking lot in 10 min.

Water meth sounds cool but still scary, and the windshield washer fluid price keeps rising. Maybe run only water but not sure.

Not many Manual trans coolers out there but I will look into. I notice the paint is all cracked on the trans and the rear axle. Even though the truck looks new underneath they look worked hard!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 AM
Registered

Those water meth kits are very risky. Only the high price competition kits actually work. The others like snow don't make enough PSI to actually maintain a atomized flow. Buy a bigger turbo if you want to lower EGT's...
Old 01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
Those water meth kits are very risky. Only the high price competition kits actually work. The others like snow don't make enough PSI to actually maintain a atomized flow. Buy a bigger turbo if you want to lower EGT's...
I agree. Thanks. My EGT's are super low so like I said before, I don't know if spending more money on mods will make me any more profit. Better off spending the money on boating!

BTW, your trucks are awesome!
Old 03-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Registered

Valiar Twin Disc Organic Clutch/flywheel kit installed 10,000 miles ago! Love it. Valiar has excellent customer service, kit came complete with everything needed, even upgraded hydraulics. Aprox $1200 (overpriced south bend $1600). I can turn the programmer all the way up, loaded 25,000lbs+, up a mountain and not slip the clutch at all. Clutch is noisy at idle but thats the nature of the beast. Plus when I unhook the truck is Stupid Fast! Also replaced the 3 driveshaft U-joints and driveshaft carrier bearing while it was out of the truck.

Also installed A1 Technologies H-11 HD Head studs (ordered through Haisly Machine $740). These are equal or better then the ARP 625 ($1200). Entry level ARP 425 ($500) are similar to the standard H-11 ($400). Only needed the standard for my application but felt the price was fair so........

The studs are holding everything that I can throw at them!

Truck has 143,000 miles in 15 months 99% hooked and loaded! 3328 HOURS!
Old 03-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Registered

Offshore what do you do ? transport cars, boats ect ??
Old 03-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 575cat
Offshore what do you do ? transport cars, boats ect ??
Mostly travel the country with the girl friend enjoying the sights! Cars on the trailer help pay for all the fun though!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Registered

Default 2008 Dodge The worst truck I have had!!!

I have a 2008 3/4 ton 6.7, 4x4. If you look close the paint is the worst. Along the seams under the hood did not cover. ABS sensor issues, but worst of all, the rear frame flexa soooo much it has bent the wheel wells very bad. I thought it was just too much tongue weight until another guy asked me if I had that same issue. I don't even have 35k on the truck, and have only 2000 miles pulling the boat 10000 lbs.
I will say that the motor is now the best part of the unit. MADS Smarty, full ex., egr delete and the 250hp ME tune. I also get 34 mpg highway and 14 mpg pulling the cat.

Check your wheel wells, It will look like a dent or two and then it just keeps getting worse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.