Notices

Tow vehicle tires

Old 05-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Careful.... Yes the LTX is a good long lasting tire.. But traction is only marginal...
Michelin came out w the LTX AT2, which is a bit more aggressive.
I tried them... for one week.... Then had them taken off. They were the worst set of tires I have had. The biggest complaint was the tracking...The truck would not hold a line....
I wouldn't put them on my truck if they were Free...
The AT2 and M/S2 are two totally different animals.

Last edited by 07DominatorSS; 05-06-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I have been very happy with my Michelin LTX/AT2 tires. They have assymetric lug patterns which prevent noise and cupping to some extent. I can't stand vibration or road noise though. I think they probably wander more than the continentals but not really a problem with my rig. They still are not great off road traction tires.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
The AT2 and M/S2 are two totally different animals.
I had the M/S tires on my truck and it wouldn't stop pulling to the right. I had three alignments and still couldn't get it to track straight. I will say the tires were really quiet and handled rain and snow very well.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:57 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revo's BEST all around tires out there, but yes they are $$$$$. I have them on my dually now and am having a hard time replacing them (still holding air) around 65k on them still going strong and I use my truck in the winter to pull a sled trailer into the UP of Mich. also....BZ
Old 05-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BZ
Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revo's BEST all around tires out there, but yes they are $$$$$. I have them on my dually now and am having a hard time replacing them (still holding air) around 65k on them still going strong and I use my truck in the winter to pull a sled trailer into the UP of Mich. also....BZ
Looks like the 245/74R17 has the best specs; highest load rating and lowest revolutions per mile. Load range E too.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ler+A%2FT+Revo

The Revo might cost more but looks like you're heading to 100,000 miles on this set so you'll be saving money. Well played BZ.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we'll be tesing the Terra Grappler in a 325/50R22 on our F250 - will load up air pressure when towing

have heard nothing but good reports on the tire and there wasn't many options in that exact sizing.. Toyo MT's but the're grosely overpriced