Notices

Tahoe Questions

Old 06-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
The 6.2's love mods though, few bolt ons and tune (which any good LS tuner can do) wakes these trucks up, they can flat out haul ass for their size lol.
What are some of the basic mods guys are doing???
Old 06-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Tahoe Mods

Just had a tune done on my 05' Z-71. http://www.blackbearperformance.com/services.asp

Really woke the thing up. With a Banks Cold Air Intake. Justin has done close to 1000 tunes on tahoes. New or old he knows his stuff. They do tuning sessions all over the country or you can do the cable tune like I did. Collect the data on your lap top and send it to him. He will send you a new flashed PCM and off you go.

On the new stuff I've heard guys same he tightens up the shifts and hold the 4 cyl mode an additional 10-30 seconds and they are getting 20+mpg city.

Check out any of the tahoe/suburban forums and you will see people reviews. They all spit on box tuners compared to the Black Bear stuff.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
do NOT buy a tahoe from anyone named Danny or Tina
Well Done Phragle....!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically anything you can do anything to the truck motors just like the LS blocks in the vettes and others etc right down to headers. LS engines love to breathe, tune, exhaust, intake and it's like night and day difference compared to a stock 6.2
Old 08-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well we finally bought something, ended up with a 2010 Yukon SLT 4WD with 12k miles, it has the white diamond paint, 20" chrome rims, quad seats, sunroof, dvd's in headrest, we wanted a low mileage 09+ and just couldnt swing the extra 5-7K for an LTZ so this will have to do, I think we got a fair deal at $37K, my wife is very particular on what she wanted and she's happy so I'm happy