Notices

Tahoe Questions

Old 05-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe Questions

what is the difference between a LT and LTZ, big difference on the price, I am looking at 09-10's

thanks
Old 05-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

Off hand I think the only main differences are you get auto-ride and can get the 6.2 V8 which is way more torquey and powerful then the 5.3 (there are other minor differences but those are the two main items I believe)
Old 05-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

LTZs come w/ Autoride, chrome door handles/mirror covers/grill, power remote liftgate, heated washer fluid, Rainsense wipers, locking rear axle, second row heated leather power release seats, wood grain storage in front of console, 20" polished aluminum wheels, & third row seat. This is above the 3LT package. Not sure if that is all.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Registered

Our 2010 Ltz has everything above plus heated/ac front seats,six speed trans, the dash is wood grain,tow hitch cover, bucket middle row, I have put 6k on it in the last 4 months, drives like a dream, we had a 02 Lt we bought new before this one. The LTZ just look alot classier with all the chrome and 20's ,
Old 05-07-2011, 05:21 AM
Registered

Thanks, just started looking, wasnt aware of all the differences, so if I can swing it an LTZ is the way to go if I plan on towing.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Registered

We looked at alot of 2010s that did not have the tow package, I would not get one with out it, it has the trans coolers and that will help alot if you tow anything.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete280
Thanks, just started looking, wasnt aware of all the differences, so if I can swing it an LTZ is the way to go if I plan on towing.
Make sure you find one with the 6.2 V8 as that's the only model you can get it in, mileage isn't that much worse then the 5.3 but you get a lot more power. I had a friend with a 2wd version and with a few bolt ons and tune the truck flat out hauled ass lol. The only thing I don't like is I don't think you can get HIDs on the Tahoe, I've seen the new gen Denalis without HIDs too but their an option on the Denali, kinda crazy for a truck that cost that much to not have it.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 05-07-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 570 Likes on 263 Posts

Our 6.2 LTZ is a very nice ride. Lots of power. Only problem so far was driver window draging. Servicre bul. issued I guess just greased track.
15 mpg
Old 05-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Originally Posted by pitts1313
LTZs come w/ Autoride, chrome door handles/mirror covers/grill, power remote liftgate, heated washer fluid, Rainsense wipers, locking rear axle, second row heated leather power release seats, wood grain storage in front of console, 20" polished aluminum wheels, & third row seat. This is above the 3LT package. Not sure if that is all.
My 3LT came with everyting listed above except autoride and the chrome. I had to add the chrome grill, looks alot nicer. You need to look at the individual vehicle, a 3lt can be nearly as pimped out as the ltz. The 6.2 would be the reason for the ltz, not the creature comforts. I don't tow with mine. I get high 16's for fuel economy, so you only lose about 1 mpg going to the 6.2. Can't lose either way, I love the truck.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
My 3LT came with everyting listed above except autoride and the chrome. I had to add the chrome grill, looks alot nicer. You need to look at the individual vehicle, a 3lt can be nearly as pimped out as the ltz. The 6.2 would be the reason for the ltz, not the creature comforts. I don't tow with mine. I get high 16's for fuel economy, so you only lose about 1 mpg going to the 6.2. Can't lose either way, I love the truck.
6.2 and 6 speed auto is just such a perfect combo for these trucks, I mean they are heavy trucks but with that power train they move around effortlessly and so easy to mod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.