Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Restoring The Trailer for the Scarab >

Restoring The Trailer for the Scarab

Notices

Restoring The Trailer for the Scarab

Old 07-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every trailer I have seen the rollers where lightly agaist the keel I mean very lightly. The bunks supported the weight. But you know more about this than I do.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD ASS SCARAB
Every trailer I have seen the rollers where lightly agaist the keel I mean very lightly. The bunks supported the weight. But you know more about this than I do.
On my Fountain trailer, I would be surprised if the center rollers (bunk trailer) have ever been touched by the keel. They are frozen solid and I have no intention of fixing them for that reason.

Maybe you have a different trailer then I am thinking about.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trailer

I do marine repair but not very knowledgeable on boat trailers. But every boat trailer I have seen the rollers where lightly against the hull. And I mean lightly not load bearing. And of course I have seen full ruller trailers. But I always thought the rollers where only an assist for sliding on the boat or taking off. The bunks always support the weight on the boat as you have said. I wonder if I can copy and paste the link for the trailer I have a pic of it. Thanks
Old 07-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On my bunk trailer, the center rollers don't contact the boat at all when it is fully on the trailer; probably 2-6 inches from the hull. However, as stated, the bow of the boat does contact them when loading. I had to winch it al the way on the trailer once, and the V at the bow rode right across them.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's not getting it! Can someone draw him a picture of what the ramp angle we're talking about looks like?