Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the new denalis are PIMP>
Old 08-04-2011, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mittens
the new denalis are PIMP>
Have not heard that word in a long time...
Old 08-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
I've owned my 01 7.3 Ford since 03 and have never had any of those problems. In fact the only thing I can find fault with on the truck is that the front hubs fail prematurely since they used the same bearings and didn't beef them up for the weight of the diesel and the extended dually spacers.
was not knocking the 7.3's..my openion that was the last year ford had a reliable engine..
Old 08-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by jhowser
Our '07 Dodge dually gets the best mpg app 18 of any of our Fords or other Dodges BUT it is our first ever 2wd. Our new 11 Dodge dually mega cab 4wd "sucks" the fuel and averages 8 pulling and 12 interstate cruising. Lariat loaded up, big cab and the ac seats are beyond awesome!You really need to be cautious if you want to pull a 5th wheel with the megacab because you can't see out of the darn truck. We had to do the extend-a-goose and extended ball and could very easily still hit the cab with our 48ft trailer that my son races out of. It is very bad when you can't see the 48ft trailer behind you! I (wife) was having a hard time finding the boat trailer for backing it in to load up because of the huge rear cab panel and small back window with the middle head-rest in the way. We finally hooked the boat back up to the 07 and it pulled out perfectly and I could see so much better. I don't like the smaller cab of the Dodges but being able to see out does mean more. I don't know about the previous megacabs as they were a different body so they may not have the same issues as ours. Good luck on your search! We stopped the other night and were looking at the Fords again, just don't know what to think about the fuel additive on the newer ones...
Real truck drivers use their mirrors!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Registered

Yep they do. And the camera in the tailgate is useless when trying to hook up the 5th wheel trailer and the mirrors don't show that part either. Yes, I as Jay's wife, still have a hard time after 15yrs of backing the trailer down to the ramp, but I do eventually get it done lol.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:47 PM
87cafe
VIP Member

7.3 ford, 05 and up duramax, or cummins, thats the best out there, i personally like the duramax because of the allison tranny, but i have friend that own the dodge and love them, i just purchased an 2008 ltz 3500 chevy with 102000 miles for 27k, i took the dpf filter and put mbrp and gained 6miles more to the gallon, i just sold a 2500 duramax with 232kg, and bought my later model and love it. good luck with your find!
Old 08-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Ok I'll say it, get a 07 ford. Should be able to get it for a good price with engine warranty still. Take it immediately to the dealer and have arp head studs put in. Tell the dealer that coolant is leaking from the coolant reservoir and they will eat the labor under warranty. If you make friends with the tech he could back door the erg delete while it is apart. I did this with my 06 and been very happy with it. Also before 08 there is no black box and no Dpf to worry a out.

Last edited by ttuton; 08-04-2011 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Damn spell check
Old 08-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
Ok I'll say it, get a 07 ford. Should be able to get it for a good price with engine warranty still. Take it immediately to the dealer and have arp head studs put in. Tell the dealer that coolant is leaking from the coolant reservoir and they will eat the labor under warranty. If you make friends with the tech he could back door the erg delete while it is apart. I did this with my 06 and been very happy with it. Also before 08 there is no black box and no Dpf to worry a out.
You would have a hard time finding an 07 under powertrain still. Seeing as how extended warranties dont transfer. Your looking at four solid years with maybe one year left, and dont forget the ford warranty on that year was only to 60k mi
Old 08-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 91 fountain with full fuel and steel trailer I beleive it weighs in at about 10500, realistically i never have full fuel so I think ill be more in the low ten high 9 range. I am really thinking about getting that new ecoboost. which can do 11,300. This diesel is killing me with its dont matter what MPG of 13mpg. with 11 towing. Everything I have seen the ecoboost will only get about 8-9 towing which ill loose maybe 1-2mpg towing but ill gain 5-10mpg on everyday driving, not to mention diesel is almost 50 cents more per gallon so will probably make the ecoboost even during towing cost wise but will save me big on everyday driving. Any issues or knowledge of this?

I did a computation of fuel and fluid cost for one year based on 10k and the ecoboost would save me at least 1500. Im not saying that ecoboost will out tow my truck now, it wont but majority of my boat is an hour away tops and face it summer is 3 months long here, and assuming I hit every weekend Im talking maybe 12 times. The other 353 days out of the year its daily driving with maybe pulling the snowmobile.

Shamless plug but my diesel is an 08 F250 turbo diesel, long bed super cab 4wd off road package, XLT. clean truck, 22k on it. bumper to bumper is an effect for another 14k and 10 months and powertrain is in effect for another 40k and 2.5 years. PM if your interested.

Last edited by soldier4402; 08-04-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
I have a 91 fountain with full fuel and steel trailer I beleive it weighs in at about 10500, realistically i never have full fuel so I think ill be more in the low ten high 9 range. I am really thinking about getting that new ecoboost. which can do 11,300. This diesel is killing me with its dont matter what MPG of 13mpg. with 11 towing. Everything I have seen the ecoboost will only get about 8-9 towing which ill loose maybe 1-2mpg towing but ill gain 5-10mpg on everyday driving, not to mention diesel is almost 50 cents more per gallon so will probably make the ecoboost even during towing cost wise but will save me big on everyday driving. Any issues or knowledge of this?

I did a computation of fuel and fluid cost for one year based on 10k and the ecoboost would save me at least 1500. Im not saying that ecoboost will out tow my truck now, it wont but majority of my boat is an hour away tops and face it summer is 3 months long here, and assuming I hit every weekend Im talking maybe 12 times. The other 353 days out of the year its daily driving with maybe pulling the snowmobile.

Shamless plug but my diesel is an 08 F250 turbo diesel, long bed super cab 4wd off road package, XLT. clean truck, 22k on it. bumper to bumper is an effect for another 14k and 10 months and powertrain is in effect for another 40k and 2.5 years. PM if your interested.
Trust me, good tune for power and stopping regen and dpf delete and the 6.4 run's awesome. 20 mpg on the highway, 15-16 city. 6.4's fly with a tune too lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.