Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD >

Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD

Notices

Interesting post on the new 6.7 PSD

Old 08-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neverfastenuf
Cat, you really do know how to stir the pot, don't you.

Do you really believe thisyou post???

The Service Mgrs at 3 dealeships we deal with all say the same thing. The 6.7 has been very dependable so far. I would trust these gents much more than a hotshot forum.

Sam
I would rather believe the guys who haul loads at or above the limits 5-6 days a week. The PSD is a new engine that is basically unproven for heavy loads in the way the Cummins is. Having said that, I always read Jeff Jassby's posts because he works his trucks pretty hard and is honest about the issues he finds.

I have read several in-depth articles about the PSD and the Ford engineers have solved some interesting problems, plus they have made the engine much more powerful than the previous International engine. There are several guys on that hotshot site who decided to buy the PSD Fords instead of the much more common Dodges. We'll see what they say about their motors because nobody works their trucks harder than the hotshot boyz.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:52 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, Mr. Cut-and-paste is back at it.

So you take a random response to a thread on an obscure website and want to pass it off here as some kind of historical fact. I guess you expect everyone to run out and trade their 6.7 trucks on Dodges (sorry Rams now that the Dodge truck brand has been re-badged) right? Of course when presented with actual fact from several Ford service department personnel on this site, you refuse to believe it because it does not jive with your agenda.

The diesel trucks from the big three have all had their problems. I am glad to see that Ford has worked out some of their major issues and i would consider buying one in the future. I have always been a Cummins fan but even they have been plagued with problems that have hurt their reputation for reliability.

Of course, what do I know? I could not possibly have any idea of anything diesel related since I am not some "god like" hot-shot driver.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

I'm at a horse show in Texas and can smell something, it's either horse manure or trolls
Old 08-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BBB725
I'm at a horse show in Texas and can smell something, it's either horse manure or trolls
I would think it's the horse you rode in on.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Registered

Smells like a troll, posts like a troll, must be a troll
Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

I for one am just darn happy that Dodge has (apparently) never had a problem with any of their trucks. And of course I'm sure if they did, what's-his-name would tell us all about it. Thank god for the internet!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BBB725
Did you buy any horses, or were you looking for a minimum-wage job here? Lots of jobs mucking out stalls on horse ranches. Rick Perry has created thousands of them.

Last edited by Catmando; 08-30-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

checked with a friend that works for ford,had him look up some tsb's the only part that he could find was a updated fuel rail for the ford 6.4 dsl engine..
Old 08-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll hang on to my 7.3
Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
I hope Ford does not have issues with the new 6.7. They really took a hit with the 6.0's and 6.4's. These engines seem to be cursed randomly.... some no issues, others are a disaster.

My real issue is that ANY major engine work requires the cab to be removed. If you open up the hood on one of the new PSD's you literally cannot see the engine, there are a maze of hoses, lines, tubes, etc.

The Dodge and GM you can at least reach the engines.

Wannabe
6.0 were cursed the 6.4's were not. The only reason ford went with the 6.4 because they got into a contract dispute with international. If it werent for that they would still have the 6.4. The 6.0 were not that bad after 2005.

Anything after 2008 has the DPF on it and severly restricts air flow and prevents good MPG.

With this all said I pulled up to the pump in my 6.4 the other day and a guy pulled up pulling a trailer with the new 6.7 and I asked him hows the MPG on that thing in hopes he had some crazy good numbers I have heard about. Well he said he tows 5-7k daily hauling travel trailers he gets 12-13 towing and without towing he gets 13.8. All according to his DIC, older gentlemen to boot. I had hopes he woul have said better.

Last edited by soldier4402; 08-31-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.