Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
About to buy a trailer from All American in Pompano Beach. >

About to buy a trailer from All American in Pompano Beach.

Notices

About to buy a trailer from All American in Pompano Beach.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default About to buy a trailer from All American in Pompano Beach.

I have narrowed my decision to them based on quality, local feed back and price. Because of the weight of my 255 Formula (5650 dry/6500 loaded with fuel, water & gear) I'm going with one of their all Aluminum I beam 9000 lb GTWR twin torsion axle models with HD 15" rims and 4 wheel disc brakes. I figure that I will probably 750~1000 lbs over built but my boat weighs as much as many 30 footers (it's a Formula). We are big on bunk trailers here in Florida and they have to be aluminum or fully galvanized steel....we usually sink our trailers at the ramps because of tides and ramp angles.

The painted steel trailer that brought my boat down from Michigan is already starting to rust and has drum brakes which is a maintenance nightmare.

Anyone on OSO have any experience with these guys? I see a lot of Cigarettes, Donzi's and Contenders on their trailers so I figure they must build a good product.

http://www.allamericanboattrailers.com/default.asp
Old 09-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Owens and Sons (Aluminum Slide On) and they are 2nd generation family run custom trailer builder here in St. Pete. Build a super nice trailer and cost competitive. Worth a look, not that far for you.