Notices

2011 Ford F250 price

Old 09-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smoker62
What was the final price, ballpark , if you dont mind ? Mid 40's, High 40's ,I dont know what actual invoice is for these trucks so cant tell if a 58 sticker to 50 k is a good deal or not. Looks about average so I expect they will get better the longer they sit. But then they also become harder to find the right one.
My sticker was $58,835.00. There were $4500 in rebates and incentives. I paid $49,576 plus tax. Dealer invoice was $53876 which included the "Dealer advertising fee" which is assessed to the dealer by Ford. This fee may be different depending on where you live. I'm not sure about now, but years ago it varied from region to region. Just ask to see their invoice. Most reputable dealers won't have a problem with that. Also be careful of any fees added on over and above the purchase price you agree to. Some dealers charge prep fees, advertising fees and the always popular "dealer fee". All of which are BS and should be negotiated off of your bottom line.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Registered

I dont qualify for any of those.
http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...07&modelid=183

Heres a link to a well loaded one , minus Nav, that I got the best deal on . At 3 local guys. I am shopping more .
You want the short bed?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
You want the short bed?
Yep, they just look better . Why the long bed? Im open to new thoughts.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered

Yep, they just look better . Why the long bed? Im open to new thoughts.
Look better? Not to me but that's okay. It looks too small to me. From what I understand, the longer the wheelbase is more stable when towing.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Registered

Look better? Not to me but that's okay. It looks too small to me. From what I understand, the longer the wheelbase is more stable when towing.
Makes sense I guess. The looks , I always thought the crew with the long bed looked to long. Haha , to each their own I guess. I will need to take another long bed look. Not real popular on the lots around here though.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not just more stable, the longer wheelbase gives a better ride. And if you have a crew cab, it looks too stubby with the short bed.

Even worse, look at the Ram Megacab. Terrible. That's why there are three aftermarket companies doing 8 foot beds for it.

The only downside to a crew cab longbed is it won't fit in a standard garage.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Not just more stable, the longer wheelbase gives a better ride. And if you have a crew cab, it looks too stubby with the short bed.

Even worse, look at the Ram Megacab. Terrible. That's why there are three aftermarket companies doing 8 foot beds for it.

The only downside to a crew cab longbed is it won't fit in a standard garage.
The long bed also holds 11 more gallons of fuel. Mine only holds 26 gallons. Maneuvering the truck next to a fuel pump with nearly 40ft of boat and trailer can be a real PITA so the less stops the better. On the down side, my friend's long bed seems to have a larger turning radius and is less maneuverable than my short bed. The other down side of the long bed is finding one loaded with options...... there were no 2011 leftovers near me.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:22 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Here is a local Ford store that is "one price" and they don't charge dealer fees: http://www.mullinaxford.com/inventor...per+duty+f-250

You can use this as a reference point since they show the MSRP and their "one price" discount. If you figure they have a fixed price margin built in your local dealer should be able to take a mini deal and beat the advertised price.

They have diesel duallies for less than 50K.....
Old 09-28-2011, 05:52 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are bumper towing the long bed, with a longer frame, has more tow rating and stability. Turn radius and cosmetics will not affect your safety like stability and control will.

Now that I've gone long bed and reaped the benefits of both tow stability and loading space I don't see me ever going short again unless it is a 1/2 ton.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 AM
Registered

Good suggestions on why the long bed. I really like the fuel capacity difference. Never even thought of that.

Thanks guys. I may start a search for a long bed and see what I can find.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.