Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Transport 2 cars from FL to NY?? >

Transport 2 cars from FL to NY??

Notices

Transport 2 cars from FL to NY??

Old 10-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transport 2 cars from FL to NY??

Looking to have 2 cars transported from FL to NY. Currently, have 4 cars. 2 in NY and 2 in FL and just don't see the point on having them sitting and am considering getting rid of 2 and just transporting the other 2 each year.

That said, what companies would you guys suggest. Something reasonable. Just shipping average cars Caddy & Van. not a $200k lambo.

I'm not even sure where to start with my search for a snowbird transportation company. But figured OSO would be a good starting point.

thanks
Dave
Old 10-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scott transport out of Ma. Call me late afternoon and I will get you the contact info.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

if putting a third on there would help with price, you can probably count me in with a Jeep from Saratoga to FL (jax)
Old 10-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

There are a lot of good companies out there, one option I like is Ready Auto Transport.
A fair price would be around 50 to 70 cents per mile each car on an open trailer. Like anything price depends on size, weight, scedule, and if there happens to be other vehicles going the same direction to fill the trailer. Just like anything you get what you pay for.....
Good luck
Old 10-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Uship.com
Old 10-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirch
Looking to have 2 cars transported from FL to NY. Currently, have 4 cars. 2 in NY and 2 in FL and just don't see the point on having them sitting and am considering getting rid of 2 and just transporting the other 2 each year.

That said, what companies would you guys suggest. Something reasonable. Just shipping average cars Caddy & Van. not a $200k lambo.

I'm not even sure where to start with my search for a snowbird transportation company. But figured OSO would be a good starting point.

thanks
Dave
Not sure what your time frame is? Are you looking for transport back this spring? Anyway if you are looking for something right now I am coming back empty from the Ft Lauderdale area to RI a few times this month with a 53 ft flat bed that can haul up to 3 cars. If timing worked out I could do a decent back haul rate. I sent you a pm with my contact info......if you're interested let me know.
Thanks, Pat
Old 10-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
Uship.com
No offense fountinfan42 but Uship is the worst possible car hauling website. The haulers that use it are not DOT legal, Do not carry the proper insurance, etc.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
No offense fountinfan42 but Uship is the worst possible car hauling website. The haulers that use it are not DOT legal, Do not carry the proper insurance, etc.
+1
Old 10-12-2011, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Irish Tornado on here is a car hauler easy to find in the Baja section
Old 10-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pat@osp
Not sure what your time frame is? Are you looking for transport back this spring? Anyway if you are looking for something right now I am coming back empty from the Ft Lauderdale area to RI a few times this month with a 53 ft flat bed that can haul up to 3 cars. If timing worked out I could do a decent back haul rate. I sent you a pm with my contact info......if you're interested let me know.
Thanks, Pat
This is your man Dave. Pat hauled my Formula From Cape Coral last spring and did a perfect job. Even called me several times to let me know how things were going. He's very professional. I would not hesitate to call him again.

Jake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.