Notices

Unregistered trailer

Old 11-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Unregistered trailer

I purchsed a boat and Mico trailer from Shogren marine thrilled with the boat but it was a consignment sale and shogren could not obtain the title from the seller. I have the boat title but no trailer title. I live in new jersey. What do I do?
Old 11-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW that wont you you much good and homemade titles are pretty hard to get and they want reciepts for axles,lights, steel .. sounds like who you got it from should be applying for a lost title .good luck

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Title for a Trailer? In Florida you just need a Bill Of Sale for a trailer ...
Old 12-04-2011, 02:13 PM
jfm
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need a receipt and a bill of sale from Shogren marine, notarized is best. Get a pic of the vin # or sticker and you will also need to know the weight of it. Take all of that to DMV and fill out the paper work for a title and registration and get ready for the run around and once in a while bend over and touch your ankles. I went through it on one of mine and after a bunch of BS and explaining that the trailer came from a non title state I finally got it. It was a true pain in the a$$ but the best thing to do is have all of this stuff and act like you know more about it then them and that you are not new to this. One thing also they made me bring in proof of weight so I had to go to a truck stop and use the weight scales and get the print out.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Registered

Have the original owner sign a limited power of attorney and get a duplicate from dmv.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:02 PM
Registered

Try
http://www.mainetrailerregistrations.com/
or
http://staabagency.com/
Old 12-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Resolution

First and foremost, I never meant to imply that Shogren was not interested in ressolving the Title issue for me, that said, they have since jumped to task and were able to obtain a new title. Apparently the trialer was never titled so with an assist by Mico and the original owner they were able to rectify this issue for me. I think this sheds light on a how important doing business with a quality firm makes all the differnce in teh world. it is clear to me that the Shogren culture is to take the business personally and address their customers needs with great care.
thanks for all of the input.

Dan
Old 12-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

That is good to hear.