Notices

2wd F250

Old 12-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
I had a 2003 Ram 3500 srw 2wd towing around 5000lbs. Several times I had to have guys stand on the bumper for traction. Very embarrassing for me. The tires were the issue and after I changed from hwy tread to Michelin M&S I had very few problems. However, I recommend 4wd just for peace of mind.
He run's BFG's, was just too hard getting traction trying to tow out that much weight. He has a 4X4 Duramax now.

He was pretty embarrassed when our friend in a 2wd V8 Explorer pulled his boat out with ease which weighs around 6-6500lbs. And here he was trying to get out about a 10k boat but with a much heavier trailer and big ol' heavy diesel truck and barely had traction. All the other pickups that day were 4wd I'd assume as they pulled their boats out no problem. The ramp wasn't too slick, but it was a bit steeper then normal.