Notices

Trailer Color

Old 12-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black. Ez to sell if an upgrade may be in the future. Black matches everything.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
I vote red.
what he said

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bo at:
Old 12-16-2011, 10:37 AM
TCG
Registered
Platinum Member

if resale doesn't matter then RED.

if you want to sell just trailer someday-Black. But I also wouldn't do 5th wheel trailer for re-sale. I wouldn't want to change my truck to that type of set up just for the boat. So if I was looking, it would be a negitive for me. But hey maybe you will never want to go bigger or faster
Old 12-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Red, that is the color under mine and looks great.

But you may give more thought on the aluminum. I have been looking at the places that dry store and drop the boats in, seems everyone has chips in the bottom. The yards always say " they got that from towing". Right LOL

As for resell, I wouldn't worry about a fifth wheel or goose neck, the new trucks have those built in, it is a MUCH better way to tow, and all trucks tow ratings are higher for that type of towing.

Not much to add a fifth wheel or goose neck.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Red, that is the color under mine and looks great.

But you may give more thought on the aluminum. I have been looking at the places that dry store and drop the boats in, seems everyone has chips in the bottom. The yards always say " they got that from towing". Right LOL

As for resell, I wouldn't worry about a fifth wheel or goose neck, the new trucks have those built in, it is a MUCH better way to tow, and all trucks tow ratings are higher for that type of towing.

Not much to add a fifth wheel or goose neck.
Fifth wheels are not standard from the factory, maybe the wiring is they put back there now.

I think its a good point, a fifth wheel trailer might cut you out on resale later, not to many people have those or want those. Not saying they arent better to tow with just stating what I have seen.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
Fifth wheels are not standard from the factory, maybe the wiring is they put back there now.

I think its a good point, a fifth wheel trailer might cut you out on resale later, not to many people have those or want those. Not saying they arent better to tow with just stating what I have seen.
You need to look closer at new trucks, the mounting locations are there and can be added any time.

Even if not, if you are going to have the money to buy a 38 foot heavy formula, I have a hard time believing you could not afford to have one installed.

Hel* look at most horse trailers and a ton of travel trailers.

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 12-16-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
You need to look closer at new trucks, the mounting locations are there and can be added any time.

Even if not, if you are going to have the money to but a 38 foot heavy formula, I have a hard time believing you could not afford to have one installed.

Hel* look at most horse trailers and a ton of travel trailers.
Well I know on some of the new ones they are set up for them a little more. Im not discounting you, I am just saying that I have not see a goose neck/fifth wheel in three summers up on Thousands islands minus a few poker runs, and even those were still hitch pulls.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bingo_MI
Thanks for the feedback, it sounds like most votes are for red.

It will be used strictly in the great lakes, and I won't be towing far so weight savings won't be a huge factor. If I ever ended up in salt water, I would just have a marina drop it in. Tow vehicle is a 2500HD Duramax, which is why I'm going 5th wheel for a boat this heavy.

Thanks guys!
I vote red too. And I always liked towing a 5th wheel except for getting the ball to get right under the hole. That's tough especially without a camera.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I know you only mentioned black or red, but I can't believe there's not more suggestions for white. The white boat/white trailer package rolling down the highway with aluminum wheels looks much better than black or any attempt to match an accent color to the boat. Black looks too industrial and with red there's always fade potential and not matching the boat anymore.

IMHO!

Last edited by Holy Smokes; 12-16-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Registered

I did debate the 5th wheel option because of resale, but I already have the hitch and I think 15k pounds is a little much for a 2500 off the bumper. Plus they are easier to hitch and look sweet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.