Notices

First Diesel

Old 03-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have found another Ford for a very reasonable price, the down fall is that its an 2005 with a 6.0 I was hoping some one could check the VIN.

1FTWW33P45EA59761
Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sin_or_Swim
I have found another Ford for a very reasonable price, the down fall is that its an 2005 with a 6.0.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pqjack
thanks for your input,catmando...i wasn't bashing dodge,of course,as i like all trucks...i think the popularity of a certain brand has a lot to do with how the dealer treats his customers...around here,some dealers are more ''popular'' because they will go out of their way to satisfy a customer...another thing that makes a big difference is how your dealer reacts to different mods on your vehicle,mostly programmers....it's getting harder to tell your ford dealer you have reprogrammed your ecm when you're in for warranty work
Been a long time since I was in this thread. You're right about dealer service determining a lot of people's choices, but those who buy trucks for hauling and working do their homework a lot better than that. The LTL hotshot companies want you to have a late model Dodge dually because it's the most reliable hauler. The Ford diesels don't hold up under the strain of everyday at-the-limit hauling so most of those guys will either trade for a Dodge or swap a Cummins in their Ford when the Powerjoke blows up. As for the GM trucks, unless you move up to the Class 4-7 Kodiaks, the IFS suspension on the 1 ton is crap for any kind of serious work.

But for guys who just tow their boats on a wkend basis, the key would be staying under the legal towing limit. Ford and Dodge would be the best for that duty IMO.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Been a long time since I was in this thread. You're right about dealer service determining a lot of people's choices, but those who buy trucks for hauling and working do their homework a lot better than that. The LTL hotshot companies want you to have a late model Dodge dually because it's the most reliable hauler. The Ford diesels don't hold up under the strain of everyday at-the-limit hauling so most of those guys will either trade for a Dodge or swap a Cummins in their Ford when the Powerjoke blows up. As for the GM trucks, unless you move up to the Class 4-7 Kodiaks, the IFS suspension on the 1 ton is crap for any kind of serious work.

But for guys who just tow their boats on a wkend basis, the key would be staying under the legal towing limit. Ford and Dodge would be the best for that duty IMO.
I truely think any diesel on the market is going to be respectable really. I see more Fords than anything so they must be doing something right. Personally I would drive anything but a dodge, but I would like their engine in my ford or chevy, but duramax is nice as well as their tranny. But I dont want to get into a brand war here.

The biggest thing you said is do your homework before you shop. A dealer should not persuade your decision just inform you. In my mind shopping a dealer should be there just to get a price and to find out what gadgets you might like better and whats more comfy. To many people take dealers word for gospel. Like the other day there was a guy flaming people and saying his tundra had the highest capacity of all half tons by a huge margin, when reality its not top dog and is even with rest of the market.

Then you have brand loyalist I see it with ford all the time. THey will buy a ford even if it was the worst make of them all.
Inform yourself and buy what you need.

Last edited by soldier4402; 03-06-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Registered

OASIS RESULT: 1FTWW33P07EA66337
USA: EN-US
06-MARCH-2012 / 10:36:47 / FCXWS446
VEHICLE INFORMATION

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION: 2007 F-SERIES BODY STYLE: F-350 CREW CAB 4X4 ENGINE: 6.0L DIESEL DI V8
TRANSMISSION: TORQSHIFT AXLE CODE: 4N ENGINE CALIBRATION: 6F710H0A
PAINT COLOR: OXFORD WHITE WB C/C-W/B PAINT CODE: Z1 RADIO: AM/FM STRO/CD CHANGER/CLK
AXLE RATIO: 4.10 FINAL DRIVE RATIO WHEEL SIZE: 17 X 6.5 ALUM - MCHND FINISH FRONT TIRE: LT245/75/R17E A/T BSW
GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT: 13,000 LB. GVW
WARNING MESSAGES

VERIFY STATE REGISTRATION, VIN MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS WTY
ACCURATE REPAIR NOTIFICATIONS

ATTENTION TECHNICIANS AND SERVICE MANAGERS:
BEFORE REPLACING 6.0L CYLINDER HEAD GASKETS REFER TO 09-08-03
DON'T REPLACE A FICM ASSEMBLY WITHOUT FIRST REFERENCING 10-12-06
TO ENSURE OPTIMUM COOLING SYSTEM PERFORMANCE, REFER TO 09-08-05
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION
New Vehicle Base Warranty

WARRANTY START DATE: 25-FEBRUARY-2007 BUILD DATE: 26-JULY-2006 SALE MILEAGE: 00317
OUTSTANDING FIELD SERVICE ACTIONS

NO CAMPAIGN MESSAGE(S) FOUND
EXTENDED COVERAGES

NO ESP INFORMATION AVAILABLE
WARRANTY REPAIR HISTORY

NO RECENT REPAIR HISTORY ON VEHICLE
Click Here for Full Warranty History
| On-line 1878
END OF OASIS REPORT FOR 1FTWW33P07EA66337

© Copyright 2002-2012 Ford Motor Company. All rights reserved.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Registered

warranty history is down for monthly maint until the 7th. then i can post the repair history. I have not read the whole thread. But a 2007 6.0 would be the best to own IMHO. 28k is steep in this market. would think that asking 25k and having some wiggle room would be good.

I am a big ford 6.0 SD cheerleader...
Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

and its out of warranty by time feb 25 2012
Old 03-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered

thank you