Notices

insurance vs Ford issue

Old 12-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy insurance vs Ford issue

Not sure on what to do here. I have a Ford F-250 V-10 and have a aftermarket ins policy that I have used in the past with no probs at this Ford dealer. The truck is in for the exhaust studs and the ins gave the go ahead. The dealer got all studs done except 3. Ford is saying that they have 3 studs that they are having trouble with and need to pull the heads to do it properly. The ins co is telling me and the dealer after almost 3 weeks of arguing that they won't authorize the head removal and both sides are holding their ground. Ins co says I can pull the truck at my expense to get to another dealer and try again but no guarantee they can get them out either. What options do I have as a customer going forward?? Lawyer issue? any dealers on the site? The policy is still in effect for another 9 months. This is a first for me
Old 12-29-2011, 01:43 PM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I do not have a good answer for you. I can tell you they are a pain to do but can be done with the right equipment and technician. I have done them in the past and have yet to pull a head to get it done.

Just a thought. If you ran it with an exhaust manifold leak, went through a puddle and bent a valve they would have to remove the heads. Just thinking out loud.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Registered

3 weeks and 2 days into this now. After talking to the svc manager at ford this is what I know. Ins co wants ford to do the stud extraction on the head with head in the truck. No problem there. Ford is saying that they are not confident on the one stud (drivers side nearest the firewall) and want approval to remove the head if extraction fails on that one. The stud is broke below the surface. Ins co won't give approval. Any ideas?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

get warranty comapany supervisor on the phone.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:23 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just went thru this and I didn't have to pull the heads...but each case is different...there is no way to remove the stud at this time...yes/no?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, why would exhaust studs need to be replaced in the first place? Is this a MFG defect? If so, Ford should be paying for it regardless?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:21 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Tell the dealer to put it back together best they can and you'll drive the chit out it till she blows.......then the warranty company can fix it (and everything else!!)
Old 01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Has the warranty had their inspector come out and look at the truck?
Old 01-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
Tell the dealer to put it back together best they can and you'll drive the chit out it till she blows.......then the warranty company can fix it (and everything else!!)
that'll do it

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 01-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered

Got some news today. But, I will answer some questions first. Yes there was an inspector out from the ins co. Ford said they would attempt the extraction but they didn't have a straight shot at the stud and couldn't guarantee successful removal. That's why they wanted the OK to remove the head if that failed. Rchevelle, this was a huge problem on the early 4.6L and 6.8lL engines and they didnt come up with a fix till about 2 years ago. Why it never was a recall is beyond me.. Fast forward to today, I know someone that works at another ford dealer and somehow between the two of them dealing with the ins co they got approval to replace the exh manifolds, and remove the head(s) if necessary. I'll stop by tomorrow and make sure they are working on it again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.