Notices

Towing a Fountain 47

Old 01-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Towing a Fountain 47

I'm just curious - if you own a 47' Fountain what are you using to tow it? I looked at the specs on an F450 and it still seemed like it might be a little shy...
Old 01-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

SRW Cummins
Old 01-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
SRW Cummins
here we go
Old 01-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Registered

I only answered the OP question with what.... I ..... would tow it with. Plus I could not resist! Its winter and I am bored! Just having fun, no hard core debate needed.

After reading the OP again, I think the question is actually trying to ask actual owners, where at first I thought it was asking hypothetically if we owned one. (screen is blury driving down this washboard road...where does our tax money go again??!!)

Either way my answer is serious, even though I know others will not agree. I tow a similar setup everyday for a living, with no problems. Currently writing this while my G/F takes a turn driving over some rough Iowa roads!

I do have upgraded wheels, tires, air bags, hitch, EOH is a must along with a top of the line trailer.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tow mine with a ford f450. It is on a myco tandem dually which is an excellent trailer with alcoa wheels, Goodyear commercial tires and excellent brakes.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

I only answered the OP question with what.... I ..... would tow it with. Plus I could not resist! Its winter and I am bored! Just having fun, no hard core debate needed.

After reading the OP again, I think the question is actually trying to ask actual owners, where at first I thought it was asking hypothetically if we owned one. (screen is blury driving down this washboard road...where does our tax money go again??!!)

Either way my answer is serious, even though I know others will not agree. I tow a similar setup everyday for a living, with no problems. Currently writing this while my G/F takes a turn driving over some rough Iowa roads!

I do have upgraded wheels, tires, air bags, hitch, EOH is a must along with a top of the line trailer.
You are saying right now that you are pulling 23,540lbs off the BACK of your 3/4 ton? The weight comes from this thread: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...-location.html
Old 01-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
You are saying right now that you are pulling 23,540lbs off the BACK of your 3/4 ton? The weight comes from this thread: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...-location.html
Why are you trying to ruin this thread? You have followed all of my posts and threads. We have pm'd each other what I "thought" was some good conversations.

Stick to the original posters question and stop derailing the thread!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you know I agree with the Cummins but for me it would have to be stuffed in an F650. The bigger brakes and stronger frame make that decision easy.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Why are you trying to ruin this thread? You have followed all of my posts and threads. We have pm'd each other what I "thought" was some good conversations.

Stick to the original posters question and stop derailing the thread!
Couldn't help it buddy,

But in fairness the link I posted shows what two other people use to pull theirs with,( F350 DRW, F450 DRW) so I am being helpful!
Old 01-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
He's just kinda dangerous on the road, and a bad example of what's the right thing to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.