Notices

Need Low Down on Duramx

Old 02-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boatsbywheels
here u go,, 252k miles, dpf delete kit turbo back, edge tuner, and once u reach the around 225k miles, little gremils come out and attach themselves to ur wallet. I have a fuel, low pressure issue that no one can find the cure for. the info u get from the forums on duramax are up and down for info. be prepared to find the problem yourself thru research and $$$$$$$. good luck
bud has gremlins on his 450 after doing the dpf delete, thats why I didnt go with it and got rid of the truck for a better mpg 1/2 ton
Old 02-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatsbywheels
here u go,, 252k miles, dpf delete kit turbo back, edge tuner, and once u reach the around 225k miles, little gremils come out and attach themselves to ur wallet. I have a fuel, low pressure issue that no one can find the cure for. the info u get from the forums on duramax are up and down for info. be prepared to find the problem yourself thru research and $$$$$$$. good luck
What kind of HP bump are you taking with the Edge?
Do you throw a code with stock hp tune?

As we mentioned but for different reasons, the CP3 can have trouble keeping up with greater HP fuel flow and maintaining pressure. Especially after 250k miles.
CP3 is trying to suck fuel from 15' away, though a filter and pressurize to 26,000 psi.
A lift pump or better yet pump/filter combo will often solve the problem. It does all the work of getting sufficient fuel to the rail so the CP3 just needs to pressurize.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking at a NBS 07' what's the hp rating and torque in it. Emission don't matter here so the dpf can be deleted if need be.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by s022mag
Looking at a NBS 07' what's the hp rating and torque in it. Emission don't matter here so the dpf can be deleted if need be.
What is NBS??
Old 02-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Registered

Stock rated 365hp, 660 ft# torque.
ECM must be reprogrammed to delete the DPF. Turbo back exhaust. If you like to keep close to stock sound, check out the Diamond Eye quiet tone down pipe.
Dont add more than another 60ish hp / 90 torque with the tuner or you will be spending 4k on a trans buildup.
Mashing the throttle forcing hard 6-5 and 5-4 downshifts is also most likely to limp the trans.

Originally Posted by aquaforce
What is NBS??
New Body Style = 07.5 to 10
Old 02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

I am a GM tech that works at a very large Chevrolet Dealer with one of the largest heavy duty truck shops in the state. The Duramax trucks with injector issues are 2004 and earlier LB7 trucks. The best trucks with the least amount of problems are 2004.5 to 2006 LLY trucks (VIN 2). The LBZ 2006 2007 classic are also very good. Jeff Wurl
Old 02-02-2012, 04:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RivMan
Mine is an 07 LBZ GMC 2500 ECSB SLE 4x4. Picked it up in Lapeer. Well optioned, and mint with 100k on it. Looked at a couple before I found this one, but the deals are out there if you look around.

Kid, did your brother ever sell his?

Thanks
-Rob
Yeah guy he went to school with bought it shortly after my brother may or may not have out ran the local cops with it. LOL. This guy is wasting no time ruining it sadly :-( ... I wish it would have found a better home. Hell I wish I woulda got it if id known I was getting into another boat this quick. I need more room than my regular cab offers.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What year did they start to put the engine brake on the duramax? And is that something that can be added to any diesel?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Registered

What year did they start to put the engine brake on the duramax? And is that something that can be added to any diesel?
Turbo brake is stock on the LML 2011+ Duramax.

EFI live programming can add turbo brake to just Tow/Haul mode or full time on any of the variable vane turbos which I believe started with LLY in '04.

Definately a noticeable difference when turned on. When I lose my DPF and send my ECM back for reprogramming, I will definately have it added to TH mode.
This is different than an Exhaust brake/ Jake brake / PAC brake. Most say turbo is not as strong as exhaust BUT turbo brake is just a programming change vs PAC brake being a more expensive, physical hardware.

If you like tune flexibility, look into a DSP5 switch that allows up to 5 differnt tunes on a switch.

Dont know about other mfg.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You want the low down on Chevy Duramax... Don't buy anything else

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKMQjm7i2Jw[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by AJ POWERPLAY; 02-02-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.