Ford 6.7 diesel or duramax

Old 02-19-2012, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford 6.7 diesel or duramax

wanted to know if anyone here as one?

how many miles have you put on it ?

any problems ?

i'm looking to but a new diesel pickup in the next month or 2 and need something reliable. my 2005 ford 6.0 has been great up too about 3 months ago and its all been down hill since.

maybe someday Kenworth will build a pickup that actually lasts more than 100k miles
Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

2012 F350 CC KR SWB 6.7PSD only 3K miles so far and love it. Had a 06 Duramax and loved that too, figured I would try the Ford. So far only thing I like better on the GM is the Allison Tranny. Ford's is close but not as refined as the Allison.

Overall the Ford is a very, very nice ride.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Registered

thanks for the reply. anyone else ?

i really looking for people with 20-30K plus miles.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Registered

ive owned both srw 4x4's...

buy a duramax if you are going to work it or tow alot...

buy a ford for looks and a bigger feel....
Old 02-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've got an 11 F450 34k miles love it and it tows better than any diesel I've ever owned. I think ford really went over the top with this one.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Got a 2011 ford drw 6.7 diesel cc 4x4. 25000 on the miles. No issues so far, great power and tows great. Much more room than gm. Always had a duramax before, but switches because there cabs got smaller and the ride got a lot stiffer.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I own a 11 F250 shot gun delivery truck with 105k on her..been an awesome truck.

My personal truck is also an 11 but F350 with 40k.

My partner has an 11 GMC 2500 with 35-36k, its also been an awesome truck.

Just bought a 12 Cummins HO dually too new to rate but has surprised the stuff out of me..very nice, many improvements..she is a car hauler for a Dodge dealer, and for 6 years he asked when I was going to buy a truck from him.LOL

I drive the F350 and 2500 GMC the most. We trade each others trucks alot, have run side by side pulling the same two trailers with identical weight. Heres my take between both.

The ride height goes to Ford, better for offroading, suspension has more articulation vs GM..where GM is actually too stiff but handles better on the road..but you feel it. The GMs ride on bumpy roads I dont care for at all, and I am a GM man. The interior is hands down more comfy in the Ford, sync is far advanced vs the other two, and just has nicer softer materials. Fuel mileage is barely better on the Ford. Exhaust brake is best on the GM, than Dodge, and Ford lacks in this area. The Allison is what she is..a truck like tranny..she shifts hard and positive into each gear..but if she is like all my other 4 Allisons..when pushed at limits towing..sooner or later they go into limp mode..I have actually had better luck with the TorqueShift. Ya, she does have some slipping into gears but is always a softer shift overall, and I have had less repairs over the years, on Ford trannies. GM and Ford with who has the fastest truck that you read in magazines is BS...at sea level it is like neck and neck, the edge goes to GM..when towing the Ford squeaks out the win...maybe at high altitude the turbo on the GM is more effecient... Take both out for a ride the same day..and if possible tow something 12-15k same day, and then make your decision.. Good Luck.

Oh ya, I know you didnt ask, but the Dodge we have is not a fair comparision being a dooley..but they have really improved in their interiors. Suspension seems better, just not sure cause of low miles on the tranny issues of past.. Jeff
Old 02-19-2012, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

2010 Ram Cummins, 130,000 miles 100% towing 20,000+lbs, working the truck super hard! Amazing truck! Have only replaced 1 drive shaft U-joint under wrnty at 85,000 miles. Not bad for a truck thats worked harder then its rated for! have over 2700 hours also!

The price of the Ram is less also, so overall best bang for the buck. Ford is nice but expensive, GMC used to be nice due to the good ride, but they lost that with the new truck so no reason to buy a GM anymore.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:27 PM
Registered

When I am in the market for a new truck, forget the test drives and pushy salesmen, just going to call Jass up and figure out what to buy......much easier and would make a wiser choice. Thanks for the great posts.

Randy
Old 02-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered

I have 2007 Chevy Duramax with an Allison. 70,000 on it and no issues. The owner,s manual says to change the Transmission fluid every 30,000 miles, seems a little often in this day and age. I pulled 25' motion on a triple axel trailer and the truck is smoother with the heave load. One thing I really like is the brakes. My boat trailer brakes are gone and this truck handles it great. I also like the towing feature on the transmission. It seems to know just what gear I need.

good luck with the purchase. Both a good trucks.

I went in to buy a Ford and they hi-balled me and let me leave. I went next door an within 60 minutes I left with my new truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.