Notices

Towing with a esclade ext

Old 03-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 35 Lightning weighs in at 9500 dry. so 10000-10500 fully loaded. 13000+ lbs on trailer, loaded. The EXT is not the right CAR for this, you need a TRUCK.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Sounds like you need to pay more attention to the condition of your trailer brakes. So what you are telling me is with an HD truck you would stopped on a dime coming off that ramp? I have towed a 30 ft boat with no brakes behind my F350 and had to think way ahead.

BTW the 20 were not stock in 06, so you upgraded your rolling mass without upgrading the brakes, then decided to tow a boat with shotty brakes on the trailer? WOW.

I've read the SRW DRW thread, I have seen the videos, I think a lot of you are just crazy.

Again....on topic I wouldn't tow a 35 cig of that year with a 1/2 ton. I will tow my 02 38 fountain with one.
You can see the condition of my equipment clear from NY? Pete Townsend must have been singing about you all those years ago. The brakes were in perfect working condition, as is all of my equipment, prior to leaving the house that morning. A faulty reverse backout solenoid caused the trailer to lose all braking power by bypassing all of the brake fluid back to the master cylinder. Never seen a lockout solenoid with a bypass before but Heritage used one on my tandem axle trailer with 4 wheel disc brakes. A new solenoid fixed the problem. We had stopped for lunch 20 miles before the incident occured and I had plenty of trailer brakes on the off-ramp at Barry, IL.

No, I am not telling you an HD truck would have stopped the boat on a dime coming off that ramp. I am telling you my 2004 2500 HD DMax would have stopped the boat/trailer much sooner and without destorying its brakes.

BTW, GMC offered 20" chrome 6-spoke aluminum wheels as a factory option in 2006. Look it up. Those wheels along with the factory Goodyear Eagle LS tires are what were on my 20K mile Denali XL at the time of the incident. After destroying the factory rotors/pad, I installed Brembo brakes.

Again, BS on your comment that a 2006 Denali pulls a 39 Hustler like it is a couple of jet skis.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 03-04-2012 at 04:21 PM.