Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Ford Motor Credit and getting a title >

Ford Motor Credit and getting a title

Notices

Ford Motor Credit and getting a title

Old 03-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Motor Credit and getting a title

I had bought a 2011 Ford F250 4x4 & financed it thru Ford Credit since I got a $1,000 knockekd off the price of the truck if I financed thru them for at least 3 months. After paying on it for 3 months I paid the truck off. When I paid the truck off I was told that it woud take a month or 2 to get the title. This was back around the first of October 2011. Well today it hit me that I have not recieved the title yet so I call Ford Credit. The girl tells me that the title was mailed out to my home address around the first of October and that they did not have it. For $17.95 she said she could get me a lien release letter so I could go to my DMV and get a replacement title.

I do not think I should have to pay $17.95 to get a letter of release of lien. Am I over reacting or is this ______? I have a call into the dealer I bought the truck from but the person I need to talk to in not in today.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i went through a similar deal several years ago,save yourself some grief,send the money,and get your title,the us mail,might have lost it,you will never know for sure.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

in michigan,you have to take the original lein release,no copy,to the dmv and file for title
Old 03-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Might want to verify it's not electronic.

Now in Florida, unless specified at purchase the titles are electronic rather than paper...this is for both cash and lan purchases.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's March and I'm still getting Christmas cards.

Chances are it's lost in the mail, and It's really not Ford's fault that the USPS phucked up the delivery.
It's only 17 bucks, pay it and be done with it.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you could call and gripe, but chances are you are going to lose against ford. pay the money and get it done. It is BS though
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze

Chances are it's lost in the mail, and It's really not Ford's fault that the USPS phucked up the delivery.
Yes, the US Postal Service strikes again!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CigDaze

LMAO, I got a Christmas card today too, mailed from across town..
Old 03-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbojack
I had bought a 2011 Ford F250 4x4 & financed it thru Ford Credit since I got a $1,000 knockekd off the price of the truck if I financed thru them for at least 3 months. After paying on it for 3 months I paid the truck off. When I paid the truck off I was told that it woud take a month or 2 to get the title. This was back around the first of October 2011. Well today it hit me that I have not recieved the title yet so I call Ford Credit. The girl tells me that the title was mailed out to my home address around the first of October and that they did not have it. For $17.95 she said she could get me a lien release letter so I could go to my DMV and get a replacement title.

I do not think I should have to pay $17.95 to get a letter of release of lien. Am I over reacting or is this ______? I have a call into the dealer I bought the truck from but the person I need to talk to in not in today.
Why would Ford Credit send you a title? The DMV processes the title. I would think that you could take your paperwork to the SOS and they would get you a new title. then get the dealer to have Ford Credit fax a lein release to the dealer for free. atleast that is what i would do for my customer
Old 03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Car Biz
Why would Ford Credit send you a title?
I'm fairly certain that's standard operating procedure in certain states. The lien holder for my truck sent the title direct to me after I paid it off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.