Notices

Magic Tilt

Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Magic Tilt

Anyone have experience with magic tilt trailers? How is the build quality? We don't trailer often. Looking for something to trail a 292.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magic Tilt-dscn1098.jpg

Never heard of them but I'm sure someone on here has. What kind of prices are you getting, might have gone up a little but I paid 5500 for my manning. I did go and get it to save delivery but its not a bad ride from you. I is a great trailer and was made specifically for my boat. Just put it on no adjustments.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Mike has 2 of them and I've used them before good trailers for the $$$
Old 03-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Attachment 469795

Never heard of them but I'm sure someone on here has. What kind of prices are you getting, might have gone up a little but I paid 5500 for my manning. I did go and get it to save delivery but its not a bad ride from you. I is a great trailer and was made specifically for my boat. Just put it on no adjustments.
X2, I had Manning build a trailer for my last boat (30' Scarab Panther) and it was a GREAT trailer for the price!! I am actually thinking of having a new one built for the Baja if I decide to keep it and it will be a Manning! I feel they are about as good as a Myco.....and half the price

I have seen several Magic tilt trailers and they appear to be a good trailer for the cash.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast9tech2
Anyone have experience with magic tilt trailers? How is the build quality? We don't trailer often. Looking for something to trail a 292.
I have a 2003 Magic Tilt trailer, model 2682. It sits under a Donzi ZXO (28). My trailer is not custom fit to the boat, so I am not 100 % happy with the way the boat sits on the trailer. I have a twin step hull. Over all it works for me and pulls just fine down the road. I called the factory in Clearwater Fl to get info on the axels, bearings, and hubs for my records. The lady on the phone was VERY fast to tell me they do not sell parts and I would have to get them from a dealer (which I understand). She took down my info on my trailer, model and vin, told me she would get back to me. After calling back two times and getting the same story, I have yet to hear back from the factory and get the info I requested. With that said, I am satisfied with the trailer, but I am not happy with the customer service they provided to me.
A good friend of mine owns a Sunsation that sits on a Manning trailer and he is very happy with it.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I bought a new triple axle Magic Tilt for my old Top Gun. Price was very reasonable, decent quality and it towed well. What I did not like was it was so light it flexed a lot and with the flotation of six tires, it floated to the surface every time I backed into the water. It made pulling out at the end of weekend a nightmare. Four seasons later, I bought a new Myco.

If you are rarely going to use the trailer, the Magic will be fine. For more frequent towing, I'd spend the money for a quality welded trailer like the Myco.

Kurt
Old 03-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Registered

With regard to the magic tilt... I found a used one that will fit my boat for 3500. It's a 2005. Down side is I would have to cut bunks again to fit the steps.

On the manning. I called and they want 6700. A lot more than I'm willing to spend. Also my boat does not get trailed enough to buy one.

Any info on ace trailers? I called and he said they would build me a tri axle with custom cut bunks for 4500. And 500 shipping. Seems reasonable for a brand new trailer. Thoughts.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered

Attachment 469795

ps the manning looks really nice. just can't substantiate the purchase.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like said, if you only ramp once in a while it won't matter. My loadright was a nightmare to get it on the trailer. With the Manning I can do it by myself, it lines up perfect every time. But like you said it depends on how much you use it. It also depends on what kind of ramps you have, the ones around me are mostly short so a good trailer is a must. As for parts Manning will get them but for axle bearing and seals he just gave me the number for his supplier.

I also did a 700 mile round trip tow this summer through some mountains and the Manning was a dream. I guess they have gone up since last year,or because I ordered it in Jan. it was a special deal.

Last edited by Expensive Date; 03-03-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Registered

Like said, if you only ramp once in a while it won't matter. My loadright was a nightmare to get it on the trailer. With the Manning I can do it by myself, it lines up perfect every time. But like you said it depends on how much you use it. It also depends on what kind of ramps you have, the ones around me are mostly short so a good trailer is a must. As for parts Manning will get them but for axle bearing and seals he just gave me the number for his supplier.

I also did a 700 mile round trip tow this summer through some mountains and the Manning was a dream. I guess they have gone up since last year,or because I ordered it in Jan. it was a special deal.
I think you are right about the price going up. I remember calling last year and the price was around 5500. Still more than I'm willing to spend given I still have to transport it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.