Notices

06 F-350 DRW crew

Old 03-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Default 06 F-350 DRW crew

I have a pristine F-350 in the classifieds. Why am I getting no calls? Priced at 19K I have now reduced to 17K. Any Ideas?
Old 03-03-2012, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for ya man, I just sold a 06' F250 4x4 Lariat with all options for 18k 6 months ago. A LOT of people are leary of the 6.0 diesel engine and to move them you have to chop the price down. I looked at the pic in the classifieds, but it doesn't show much. I would add a few pictures to show how nice the truck is. I couldn't tell, is the truck a 2WD? if so, thats hurts the value even more. I looked at an 06 F350 CC 4x4 DRW last week that I could buy for 16k if that tells ya anything. If the your truck had the 7.3 engine in it, there would be a bidding war for it.....I had both and never had a problem out of the 6.0 engine, just wanted a dually....In the end I probably should have kept the 06 for what I ended up getting out of it......it should sell now that you lowered the price though....hell if it was 4WD and not in CA I would be interested
Old 03-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Registered

Default new photos

uploaded some new photos
Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
uploaded some new photos
FYI- I got $20K trade value for a F350 6.0 Long Bed SRW 4x4 King Ranch with 98K on it in 9/11. Trust me when I say they didn't bump that value up and add it in on my new truck.

Last edited by marylandmark; 03-04-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mark is right, Tune up that Picture presentation, make the Truck jump out at you. Looks like a nice truck.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Registered

Your right, Stains from changing the batteries is my motorhome. I deleted that photo. Truck has no leaks though. I will deliver anywhere in the south east. It will save me a plane ticket back to the Keys.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is more:

Your ad title is "F350" and that is it. Add some thing that will make it stand out "Super Clean F350" etc.

Year- says "06". Too lazy to type 2006, you may be too lazy to put air in the tires when they need it as well.

I see big hills in the picture of the truck with the wall behind it. I'm thinking this thing has been run up big hills every day it leaves the driveway. I'd rather be thinking it was a redneck Caddy driven on weekends to church, make me think that way.

Pic of under the hood? That doesn't show or tell me much. Show me the bed, if it is in good condition, so I'll know it wasn't overloaded with rocks 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Show me the clean, straight, no body work lines of the truck and shiny tires. The bowed out rims in the front really reflect light well, straighten the wheels so it does so.

Take the "no chip, all stock" out of your words. Stock holds the most value, why even mention some thing that could be taken as a negative. I wouldn't try to sell my house saying "nobody ever murdered here". (yet, my wife keeps bugging me to do some thing other than lay on the couch today that could change).

You have some nights roof lights, get a pic with a clean background right before dusk with the parking lights on.

I'm just trying to help and not being critical so feel free to delete this thread to get my crud off here or I can edit to take it out like I did my post above.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Registered

Big thing is the engine I have an older ford and want to upgrade, but I will not buy a 6.0 to much history of problems. I have heard if you by pass egr its not a bad engine. Lot of guys putting cummins in them when the engines go bad.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89scarabIII
Big thing is the engine I have an older ford and want to upgrade, but I will not buy a 6.0 to much history of problems. I have heard if you by pass egr its not a bad engine. Lot of guys putting cummins in them when the engines go bad.
6.0 engines are not that bad, most of the problems were with the 03-04 engines. I never had a problem with my 2006 and after going back to driving my 7.3 truck, I miss the 6.0. If you delete the egr and have head studs put in it most of the problems go away on the 6.0. I have been looking for another superduty and there are several trucks for sale now that have had the modifications done already.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rumrunner29
6.0 engines are not that bad, most of the problems were with the 03-04 engines. I never had a problem with my 2006 and after going back to driving my 7.3 truck, I miss the 6.0. If you delete the egr and have head studs put in it most of the problems go away on the 6.0. I have been looking for another superduty and there are several trucks for sale now that have had the modifications done already.
My 2004 6.0 has been a nightmare. When she's running I love it over my Duramax but must admit, after over $8k in the engine over the last three years, it will be my last 6.0. This last bout replaced all the injectors and did the EGR delete. I hope thats the last of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.