Notices

Big Three Comparison

Old 04-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dodge cummings is a pos. go ford if you want a reliable workhorse.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 41

Originally Posted by Sbarberdds
have you worked on a ford lately?
Old 04-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Registered

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 41

Originally Posted by Catmando
Y'all know where I stand lol.

Ford-NEVER

GM-good motor needs live axle for heavy towing. Cannot keep headlights, parking lights, fog lights, taillights from blowing out. Every GM truck and SUV I see has one or more of them blown out. Sad.

Dodge-Cummins nuff said.
exactly!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sbarberdds
really , you may need to go to the local ford dealer and go in the shop and talk to the tech that works on the diesels . Last 3 diesel engines ford has come out with are junk starting with the 6.0 , even the new engine is giving a ton of trouble go ask how many new ones they have seen with dropped valves , which wipes out the engine. The one before that the blocks are coming apart and we all know about the 6.0 problems. And on top of that you can't do anything to them without lifting the cab off the frame. Sorry but i am in the repair business and work on all of them and i like the gm and dodge , ford makes a good truck their diesel not so much.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes280
really , you may need to go to the local ford dealer and go in the shop and talk to the tech that works on the diesels . Last 3 diesel engines ford has come out with are junk starting with the 6.0 , even the new engine is giving a ton of trouble go ask how many new ones they have seen with dropped valves , which wipes out the engine. The one before that the blocks are coming apart and we all know about the 6.0 problems. And on top of that you can't do anything to them without lifting the cab off the frame. Sorry but i am in the repair business and work on all of them and i like the gm and dodge , ford makes a good truck their diesel not so much.
I saw a post somewhere that a couple of very small changes to the 6.0 makes it a far better motor. I can't remember what they were though. I think Jazzman will know he's had a few of them...
Old 04-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

On the International/Ford 6.0 and 6.4..remove all the emmision BS..the trucks do run way better....

We have a a 2011 F250 srw swb 106k
2011 F350 srw lwb 45k
2011 2500 srw swb 41k
2012 3500 dually HO lwb 13k

All these trucks have been great. My personal truck is the F350, but I drive the new Dodge at least twice a week. The Dodge is the most improved overall...but I still prefer the new Fords slightly more. The new 6.7's have been a major improvement..Ford did their homework, and Im glad they got rid of International. Ford has the best stability control when towing, interior, brakes towing and non towing, acceleration just towing, and a slight edge in fuel economy. Their exhaust brake is the weakest, its actually terrible vs the GMC and Dodge...and their looks are not that pleasing to my eye.

All these truck are so close.. Buy the one that you can get the best service on.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Registered

Link so future readers dont have to search: http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...mparison-tests

and for those wondering - GM came out on top in most every category except luxury interior

my main take away is, all three mfg have finally stepped up and put a rear hitch rated for closer to what a true bumper pull might expect in today's world.
I dont know which mfg had the 12k max rating which was probably the unmentioned limiting factor of the test weight but at least it is better than the 7.5k of only even two years ago.

Has always chapped me, the huge tow ratings they brag about then mount a crappy hitch with a caveat "weight distributing" value before it even gets close to real world weights.
In the meantime, after market mfg have 16-18k non-WD hitches. Come on OEM's put 10# more steel in there and a day's autocad work. Save everyone the time and money of replacing with an aftermarket hitch and make the roads safer with a hitch properly designed for the weights Joe Average is going to hook on and tow because that is what the advertising said, duh.
(and what the dumb azz sales guy told the buyer because all he did was read the sales brochure)

Last edited by ChargeIt; 04-23-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I haven't driven the GM, so I cant really comment on the '12, but if you actually DRIVE the Dodge and DRIVE the Ford there is ZERO comparison with regard to which truck drives better or is built better. I understand the Cummins is dead nuts reliable, but I'd be interested in hearing TRUTHFUL, first hand accounts regarding the 6.7Powerstroke issues, if there are any. The techs I have spoken with before and after buying mine are VERY complimentary of the new engine. I owned a
6.Blow Powerstroke for 6 years and was skeptical of going back to a Ford, but the Dodge just didn't do it for me. After 44k on the new 6.7, I haven't had any issues and LOVE the truck.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered

I drove the new ford and the dodge and ended up with a 2012 cummins laramie, I love the inline 6.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunrunner72
I haven't driven the GM, so I cant really comment on the '12, but if you actually DRIVE the Dodge and DRIVE the Ford there is ZERO comparison with regard to which truck drives better or is built better. I understand the Cummins is dead nuts reliable, but I'd be interested in hearing TRUTHFUL, first hand accounts regarding the 6.7Powerstroke issues, if there are any. The techs I have spoken with before and after buying mine are VERY complimentary of the new engine. I owned a
6.Blow Powerstroke for 6 years and was skeptical of going back to a Ford, but the Dodge just didn't do it for me. After 44k on the new 6.7, I haven't had any issues and LOVE the truck.
go drive a 12 GM i had a 04 duramax2500hd and i just picked up my 2012 gmc2500hd duramax and it blows ford and dodge out of the water!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.