Notices

HID conversion for F650

Old 05-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID conversion for F650

I have an 08 650 with the GE H5054 sealed beam headlights. I really would like to change over to HID's as the lights aren't very bright but I can't find much information online. Anyone done this and able to steer me in the right direction? Also probably going to add strobes as well while I'm at it so might factor that into the equation.

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2012, 08:01 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

A lot of the higher end conversions have grafted in headlight assemblies from the F150, and then putting in HID bulbs. Not a bad way to go, but OK.

But IMHO, if you are going that far, you might as well graft in a setup from a true OEM HID setup. One of the best HID setups is from an OEM Infiniti Q45. Grafting anything in becomes pricey though.

They also make HID conversions that just insert in place of your sealed beam units.

The biggest question is your budget for the project. If you want to go with grafting in new assemblies, I'd talk to SuperTrucks or similar before committing to anything.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have installed HID kits in a 2000 F-350 and 07 F-350 from Extralights.com if you have a dual beam bulb, expect to spend 300 plus dollars. I myself, sell these kits and would not buy, a cheap HID kit. They sell digital type, that maintains a constant bright light that doe not flicker as some low cost kits do. Its a very simple install, you will have to adjust your head light beam placement after installation.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

all true about the crappy hid kits....make sure you get the 32 volt ballast and they really dont make a cheap hi and low beam kit,,most of them just have a low beam hid light and some have a motorised bulb that goes up and down or in and out for high and low..

you can just try and install the diamond cut head lamp housing then install the wagner super bright from advanced auto for now..by just changing my friends on his truck made a huge differance,heres a link for the diamond cut headlamp housings..Btw if going with hid the brightest you want is 6k,,8,10 & 12k are more blue,the higher the number the more blue..

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/198...ht/Headlights/