Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Manning Trailer surge brake parts >

Manning Trailer surge brake parts

Notices

Manning Trailer surge brake parts

Old 06-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manning Trailer surge brake parts

Since the start of this spring my Manning trailer surge brake trailer has gotten "jerky" and noisy during acceleration after coming to complete stop. It used to be nice and quiet with no jerking etc. I believe the shock absorbers inside the surge unit at the tongue may have taken a dump overthe winter. I fired Manning an email but no response. Anybody know who's surge unit they use (37 active thunder) on this '04 trailer ?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has a Titan, you have to call them they really don't do the computer thing. Did you try greasing it it may just be sticking from sitting, there should be two zerk fittings on either side.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Surge brake banging

Surge brakes take constant maintenence. If the are drum brakes you have to adjust them constantly. One haul of 1000 miles can wear the linings so you need to snug them up. The looser the shoes the more movement the actuatator needs to operate the brakes. Its dobutful the shock is the culprit. Its generally the adjustment on each wheel or a broken brake hose. Is the master cylinder dry? If so there is a leak.If there is a leak then you need to fix, bleedand hope you get all the air out,........... take all that nasuea off, throw it away and get a disc with elect over hydraulic system.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trailer is disk and stops fine. She's all greased up good at the tongue. Good advice on calling rather than email. I'll check to see if there's a Titan illustrated breakdown online. Thanks guys