Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing >

Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing

Notices

Covercraft Evolution car cover deteriorating problems? Failing

Old 06-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Covercraft
Rob, Covercraft maintains a high standard of customer service and will be glad to assist you with this matter. When you contacted us, we requested that the cover be returned to us for inspection (standard procedure for warranty claims) or at least have photos provided. We did not receive the cover and these are the first photos we have seen. As the cover was out of warranty when you contacted us, we felt that we should at least inspect the cover to see what we may do to assist you. We would still like to do that, so please contact us so we may attempt to rectify this situation. 800-426-8377 or [email protected]
Thank you.
Outstanding! Good Job, man, that got their attention!

I had the same issue with a different brand of car cover for my Ferrari. It was some italian brand that came with it, I spent $60 on it at the dry cleaner and it doesn't shed anymore. The more wax I had on the car, the more fibers would show up..

Good luck with the followup!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Rob, Covercraft maintains a high standard of customer service and will be glad to assist you with this matter. When you contacted us, we requested that the cover be returned to us for inspection (standard procedure for warranty claims) or at least have photos provided. We did not receive the cover and these are the first photos we have seen. As the cover was out of warranty when you contacted us, we felt that we should at least inspect the cover to see what we may do to assist you. We would still like to do that, so please contact us so we may attempt to rectify this situation. 800-426-8377 or [email protected]
Thank you.
Probably just earned my business with that post.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you.
Thank you for responded to my thread Mr Buzz.I appreciated you trying to resolve this matter.

I tried calling and asking for Buzz At Covercraf,the costumer service said they do not know who this is.The costumer service manager that I had talked to before Ms R Ward already
told me you would not cover it because it was out of warranty going by their manufactures date
,not the date of when I purchased it,She was very stern in saying the material was only designed to last exactly the term of the warranty.That they have people calling all the time days and months after the warranty dates run out that they could not do it because they would be replacing alot of covers, Ms Ward only after me trying to explain that the cover just all of a sudden didnt decided to start failing days after the warranty term.That I tried to explain that it had been going bad for awhile,I felt she then was short with me and just wanted me get rid of me,then she just said send it in and they would evaluate it, that they probably wouldnt do anything because they dont make that color material anymore,

Technically I was trying to contact Covercraft,Kimberly Clark on about the cover going bad on Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:31:18 PM by email. As I stated before I have dealt with kimberly Clark Susan M Smith with customer service about other materials for a boat cover,I figured that Kimberly Clark was the one that would warranty it so I persued them for help in this matter,Being Ive talked to Ms Smith many times thinking that I was contacting the right person,My email was sent to Mr Brendan Pettit (info listed below)on Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:31:18 PM(within your socalled warranty date of manufacture)not purchase date ,I have all the exchanged emails, Mr Pettit responded on Monday, April 09, 2012 11:09 PM "asking where I had bought the cover" and he would be glad to get me to the right contact to get this resolved.At that time I found my 1998 catalog and all my notes for when I ordered the covers and responded to telling him it was Covercraft,they were the one that made the cover with Kimberly Clark material.

Mr pettit responded on : Apr 04/16/12 8:51 AM saying he contacted Covercraft customer service and that they should beable to help me with this..I never received and thing else form either until I sent a email back to Mr Pettit saying I must of landing on Deaf ears.I Pretty much given up,It got to bothering me so I started digging thur files and found the dropship form from Covercraft and then call Covercraft for at that time trying to find out why the cover was failing and any kind of consideration on the warranty

As I stated before A good friend owns a speed shop here and I order stuff through him all the time,The cover had to be custom made for my truck,custom fitted they said just for that year and dually with mirror pockets,I ordered the cover through the speed shops warehouse distributer VSI, they are a dealer for Covercraft/WD so technically the actual purchase date would of been well after the manufacture date/order to manufacture date.so called warranty termination date/self destruct date I also called VSI and they dont keep recorded back that far,

I figured it would not be a problem with warranty that a company that big would see that the cover had deteriorated/failed long before the actual date I contacted them and technically would be still in warranty.or Atleast a goodwill warranty

My family has been in the Furniture business since 1945 and I deal with manufacturers or distributors all the time,I know if you usually ask nicely,explain the situation that a business/manufacturer will usually try and work with you.If I was a d1ck etc I would understand being push to the side.I tried to explain the situation with not having a legitimate receipt from the speed shop to prove a purchase date(what most manufacturers go by)

So I guess I get penalized for not having a receipt showing purchase date and not contacting Covercraft when the cover actual started to fail?

Like I said the cover has seen little outside weather,yea I know you hear this all the time,either way,you can ask any member here about my honesty/integrity, and with me having 20,000+ post that Im VERY dedicated to my sport/hobby's!!!

Maybe this will give you a better understanding in this matter.

Mr Buzz I can forward the emails with dates/conversations if this would help.

I also contacted Ms Sue today with Kimberly Clark,she referred me to the manager of customer service, a Mr Jay Baxter.He said it would be no problem if you decide to summit a order to cover it under warranty.

Thanks
Rob Stringer

Brendan Pettit
Account Manager – Partnership Products
KIMBERLY-CLARK PROFESSIONAL*
770-587-8788
[email protected]

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Boat cover thread
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ml#post2994368

Old 06-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Here are some close up picks I downloaded on photobucket
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ing%20failing/

Old 06-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. Stringer,
Sorry for the confusion created by the email address [email protected]
My name is Jeff Jegelewicz, I am the Marketing Manager and that email address is the one I use for all of our Social Media communications including forums such as these.

Below is the Warranty Statement for the Evolution fabric that you puchased. This is provided on the Instruction Sheet which is placed in the package that the car cover is shipped in. It states:

LIMITED FOUR (4) YEAR WARRANTY
Evolution® fabric covers are warranted for four (4) years from date of purchase to
the original purchaser. Save your receipt! Warranty coverage protects against
defects in material and workmanship, as well as the fabric becoming unserviceable
during normal use. After factory inspection, we will repair or replace the cover or
specific panels judged to be unusable. Warranty does not cover fading, which
occurs naturally on all products used outdoors. This fabric is not waterproof - it is
breathable to allow moisture, condensation and heat to escape from under the
fabric.
To process your warranty claim, contact:
CAR COVER DIVISION
100 Enterprise Blvd.
Pauls Valley, OK 73075
405-238-9651 M-F 8AM to 4PM CST
[email protected]

At the time you contacted Covercraft, your cover (per the warranty statement above), had exceeded the warranty period by one month. We were however, unaware that you had communicated with Kimberly-Clark about your issue. Having learned this from your response above, we confirmed with them this afternoon that you had, in fact contacted them well before speaking with someone from our company and well within the warranty period. Although the warranty does state to save the receipt, we can and will honor your warranty without it. You can expect an email shortly with instructions on how to proceed.

If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact me (Jeff) at 800-426-8377 x276 or email [email protected]