Notices

Side by Side UTV

Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not bitter,You know how some people will only buy a Chevy or a Ford and no matter what its the best. and yes they all have problems from scooters to full dress. I have my favorites in all brands. A lot also has to due with where you ride them. East Coast wheeling can be some muddy rutted up stuff and sometimes you gutta go pretty fast. Like I said in one post my big problem I have with Can Am now is the way warranty decides what gets replaced, I have had cylinders and heads that are worn from the oil psi failure that took out the crank and they will look at it and say its useable and they arnt getting a new motor. One had 4 hours on it look like it had 500 and we had to just replace what it needed to run. They are the worst to deal with and it wasnt that way 2 years ago, I dont know if they are having money problems or just dont care but it's hard to get them to pay for stuff they should.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 591 Likes on 271 Posts

Any opinion on Kawi Tyrex's ? Mine has about 130 hours and so far pretty reliable.
Last service they told me to clean the dam air filter More often.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Any opinion on Kawi Tyrex's ? Mine has about 130 hours and so far pretty reliable.
Last service they told me to clean the dam air filter More often.
I only drove one that we put a plow on last year, it drove better than a Yamaha to me and was faster but didn't spend more than a few minutes with it, there was a problem with the plow mount he brought in but it wasn't kawis fault. We don't sell kaw at my store and the other store that does is in the city so they never took on the utv line, they won't make you sell them if you don't think there is a market, so they don't have hardly any off road stuff there. But like anything make sure you keep up on maintenance and lube stuff more than you think you should and keep a good air filter in it and it will be good. The kaw is a lot like the Yamaha in that they don't have too much computer controlled stuff to go wrong.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Registered

I will say I have a guy who just moved in near me and he has a Cub Cadet utv, I dont know anything about it but it seems nice can barley hear it run and he pulls a 23 foot boat around with it and launches it, our ramp is not steep but he has no problem. My son rode in it and says it rides like a caddy.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We bought a John Deere 825I. It is very quiet, but has some punch. There were no 625's to be had in our area, so they were giving really good deals on the 825. Suspension is quite good for a stock rig.

I test-drove the 855 diesel, and it was really a dog in comparison. You had to really keep your foot in it to keep speed up.