Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
electric/hydraulic brake issue??? >

electric/hydraulic brake issue???

Notices

electric/hydraulic brake issue???

Old 08-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. No surprise the thing won't stop.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There R multiple leaking fittings! That B'n the worst!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:33 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

So what did Myco have to say?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Looks like a bad hose
Old 08-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tony Montana
So what did Myco have to say?
I just picked the trailer up Fri from a 1st class repair truck & trailer place in Boyne Falls! I believe I have brakes ladies & germs!!! they found multiple leaks, bad parts, brake lines that should have flanges on it & did not!!! they replaced all 3 t fiitings, bad internal seals, replaced the 3 hoses, said they just could not stop them from leaking! Also found out from Titan the component supplier that the 2 electronic boxes/controllers at the front of the trailer R not 2 B submerged or heavily wetted, guess what!! mine get nailed heavily nearly evertime I launch!! they were mounted 2 far back & 2 low inside the c channel!! hopefully a new set on the way!! guess my trailer was built on Friday afternoon!! Nobody is perfect but it's how they thru me under the bus say'n it was my truck!! my last conversation w/ them a couple months ago was our trailer is right, it's your truck, go deal w/ NT!!! so that's what I have been do'n & they have been helpfull!!! Thanx NT
Old 08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
I just picked the trailer up Fri from a 1st class repair truck & trailer place in Boyne Falls! I believe I have brakes ladies & germs!!! they found multiple leaks, bad parts, brake lines that should have flanges on it & did not!!! they replaced all 3 t fiitings, bad internal seals, replaced the 3 hoses, said they just could not stop them from leaking! Also found out from Titan the component supplier that the 2 electronic boxes/controllers at the front of the trailer R not 2 B submerged or heavily wetted, guess what!! mine get nailed heavily nearly evertime I launch!! they were mounted 2 far back & 2 low inside the c channel!! hopefully a new set on the way!! guess my trailer was built on Friday afternoon!! Nobody is perfect but it's how they thru me under the bus say'n it was my truck!! my last conversation w/ them a couple months ago was our trailer is right, it's your truck, go deal w/ NT!!! so that's what I have been do'n & they have been helpfull!!! Thanx NT
That's messed up! when I bought my Myco in 2007 the bow stop was rusted from not using some kind of washer on the bolts. The Myco stickers were bubbled/creased. The tires had creases in them. They make good trailers but you have to check them over when you get it. Which is kind of messed up seeing Myco rep and cost. Anyway glad you got it fixed.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:04 PM
Registered

It's just not rite Tracy
Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

Glad you got a solution, in the future though, couldn't someone simply put a pressure gauge directly dead heading the pump, then moving it down the line to find the ultimate problem whether it was pressure or build up time? Too bad the trailer was on grass or your problem would have been noticed much easier.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
Glad you got a solution, in the future though, couldn't someone simply put a pressure gauge directly dead heading the pump, then moving it down the line to find the ultimate problem whether it was pressure or build up time? Too bad the trailer was on grass or your problem would have been noticed much easier.

Myco should have taken care of this. How much longer till he would have had no brakes, on this brand new trailer???

Send them the bill for repair and troubles!