Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
electric/hydraulic brake issue??? >

electric/hydraulic brake issue???

Notices

electric/hydraulic brake issue???

Old 07-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
YOU HAVE A SHORT,MAKE IT LONGER !
I wouldn't bring up the word "short" if I were ?U old maN!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy a chevy
Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

From ford forum, 08 has a wiring harness issue!!! Mide did glad i sold it !!! My Myco 2011 work great with 2011 Chevy

If that doesn't fix your problem.Check the wiring under truck towards the back under bed,it's a known problem that if you have an intermittant ground in that area you'll have that same problem.Seems like Ford didn't do a good job with the wiring harness.Also if you have electric/hydraulic brakes the controller is not certified to work with Ford's IBC as stated in you owners manual.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bill63
From ford forum, 08 has a wiring harness issue!!! Mide did glad i sold it !!! My Myco 2011 work great with 2011 Chevy

If that doesn't fix your problem.Check the wiring under truck towards the back under bed,it's a known problem that if you have an intermittant ground in that area you'll have that same problem.Seems like Ford didn't do a good job with the wiring harness.Also if you have electric/hydraulic brakes the controller is not certified to work with Ford's IBC as stated in you owners manual.
WHY DID MY 08 W/ DRAWTITE ACT 2 WORK GREAT W/ MY 06 MYCO???
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Luck
Old 07-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Registered

Luck
U punk, helped launch a brand new quad 39 nt cc on lake Char last w/e!!!
Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

who's boat ??? BTW found this !!

Final chapter in the saga of the brake delay. I finally bit the bullet and relocated the ground wire on the pump. It is now in an isolated circuit directly back to the truck battery (it had been grounded to a common ground in the trailer). Delay time now is 1/2 second or less on manual override and not noticeable with using the brake pedal. The system now works as advertised and the secret is that the ground path MUST be directly back to the truck battery
Old 07-03-2012, 10:34 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

If the guy who brought it had problems too then I would suspect some kind of trailer issue. I had a 2007 Myco that I pulled with 2006 f-250 with P3 about worked great. Can you find someone with a truck/brake controller that is known to work and try your trailer? Also if you can find another trailer to try with your truck. good luck

Last edited by Tony Montana; 07-03-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Talking

We can try my chevy for a price
Old 07-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

who's boat ??? BTW found this !!

Final chapter in the saga of the brake delay. I finally bit the bullet and relocated the ground wire on the pump. It is now in an isolated circuit directly back to the truck battery (it had been grounded to a common ground in the trailer). Delay time now is 1/2 second or less on manual override and not noticeable with using the brake pedal. The system now works as advertised and the secret is that the ground path MUST be directly back to the truck battery
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
If the guy who brought it had problems too then I would suspect some kind of trailer issue. I had a 2007 Myco that I pulled with 2006 f-250 with P3 about worked great. Can you find someone with a truck/brake controller that is known to work and try your trailer? Also if you can find another trailer to try with your truck. good luck
And Bill could have the answer. If the ground needs to direct to batt then there is a good chance any truck this trailer is hooked to will have the same problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.