Notices

Looking at Tow vehicles

Old 07-31-2012, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is not a vehicle made that will meet California's upcoming Diesel regulations and most of the existing high mileage diesel cars in Europe don't meet the existing California's present pollution regulations.
And as you know as Cali leads the rest of the USA blindly follows..
Old 07-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OK...narrowed it down a bit. Taking check book to look at this one tomorrow.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Ford 2006 F-250 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel, 4 x 4, Lariat, towing package, 74K miles, two local owners,Clean Car-Fax...tires new 2500 miles ago.

Serviced at local Ford Dealer...all records available.

$25K asking....I'm offering $20K and see where it goes from there. I will buy extended warranty if I purchase. Verifiable Ford service will reveal any warranty/engine repairs.

I am aware of 6.0 EGR and head gasket problems...big reason for extended warranty.

When I look at it I will try not to throw a boner...love the look and color combo...it would look real good pulling my white Formula....

You guys chime in...

Last edited by sprink58; 07-31-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

74 k,just in time for upper and lower ball joints,front axle ujoints...theirs a grand..then you have the high pressure oil pump problems and the ol cooler peoblems then the IDM reflash or even a bad one..the list goes on..

john,,in chitown the dealers wont even take a 6.0 in on trade..my friend begged the local dealer to take his on trade and all they would give him on a 05 f250 sd with brand new tires was 7k...he took it and ran and ran with his new chebby..

Last edited by FIXX; 07-31-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
74 k,just in time for upper and lower ball joints,front axle ujoints...theirs a grand..then you have the high pressure oil pump problems and the ol cooler peoblems then the IDM reflash or even a bad one..the list goes on..

john,,in chitown the dealers wont even take a 6.0 in on trade..my friend begged the local dealer to take his on trade and all they would give him on a 05 f250 sd with brand new tires was 7k...he took it and ran and ran with his new chebby..
I'm looking at another 2006 GMC Duramax again also. I just wish they looked better ...style wise.

I guess I could get a Dodge Charger Hemi to drive around and keep an old Tahoe or Suburban parked in the garage to occasionally pull the boat with...might be less expensive except for the tickets I would get in the Charger
Old 07-31-2012, 11:19 PM
Registered

Default fixx

Originally Posted by sprink58
I'm looking at another 2006 GMC Duramax again also. I just wish they looked better ...style wise.

I guess I could get a Dodge Charger Hemi to drive around and keep an old Tahoe or Suburban parked in the garage to occasionally pull the boat with...might be less expensive except for the tickets I would get in the Charger
thats what i do,,i try to drive my 2500 suburban once a week,,,most of the time im in my beemer..for some reason around my neck of the woods the 3500 duallys seem to be alot cheaper,,could have had a crew cab with all the toys and sunroof for 12 k last week..didnt want a payment..

Last edited by FIXX; 07-31-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Registered

Well I could drive my 2004 S500 that's paid for...as a commuter (25 MPG)...buy the F250 for a tow vehicle and toy...and dive it to this guy in Atlanta... http://powerstrokehelp.com/... bullet proof it for $5K...and still come out ahead
Old 08-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bustedbrick
I really really wish someone, Big 3 or import, would produce a small, modern, crew cab, DIESEL pickup. I think it would do great in the US. VW is doing great with diesel offerings, we looked at one and the dealer was on allocation. They were definitely out there and orderable, but demand was high.
The idea has been kicked around by ford to put a diesel in the F150, I dont know if your talking like Toyota Hilux style which would be good only for personal transport. The problem with a diesel in a half ton is if you look at rumored ideas and what the truck would produce for power, cost of the vehicle, and the cost to operate and maintain it looks better in theory than in practice. Rumors I have seen were a small 4 liter diesel in the F150 producing like 300hp and 450 torque, and getting about 25mpg. Ultimately you configure to the current half ton and you would adding another 5 grand to the ticket price, the extra MPG would be a wash considering the price of diesel and annual maint.

Intriguing idea and would definitely be an interested buyer but everything I have seen they cant really provide anything at this time that you could say is much better all around factoring in vehicle cost, performance, MPG, maint cost etc.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Ford 2006 F-250 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel, 4 x 4, Lariat, towing package, 74K miles, two local owners,Clean Car-Fax...tires new 2500 miles ago.

$25K asking....I'm offering $20K and see where it goes from there. I will buy extended warranty if I purchase. Verifiable Ford service will reveal any warranty/engine repairs.

I am aware of 6.0 EGR and head gasket problems...big reason for extended warranty.

When I look at it I will try not to throw a boner...love the look and color combo...it would look real good pulling my white Formula....

You guys chime in...
25 is high you can pick up an 09-10 for about 28 right now, I think market for that truck is probably 18-20. personally I wouldnt get into an 06, any 6.0 liter I bought would be an 07 as that year produced a lot less problems. Like others have said you are getting close to that 100k mark where a lot of the nicky picky things start going, front end, exhaust, brakes, tires, starters, etc.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
25 is high you can pick up an 09-10 for about 28 right now, I think market for that truck is probably 18-20. personally I wouldnt get into an 06, any 6.0 liter I bought would be an 07 as that year produced a lot less problems. Like others have said you are getting close to that 100k mark where a lot of the nicky picky things start going, front end, exhaust, brakes, tires, starters, etc.
I looked at and drove it today. Seller has receipts for new tires in 12/11 (3500 miles ago) Brakes all around new pads and rotors at 65K. There are receipts for oil changes, fuel filter, transfer case and front/rear differentials as well as well as transmission fluid/filter service. I talked to the local Ford dealer and he said I could bring it to them and for $80 they would run a diagnostic on the truck to determine if the ECU had been manipulated ("tuned"). If there is no evidence of tampering, Ford will sell me a full 100,000 mile power train warranty for 36 months from the date of certification. The estimate for this is around $950. I talked to the seller about taking it to Ford and they encouraged me to do it...said that they would reimburse me the $80 if the test indicated modification. I have a deal at $20K if I sign off...I gave them $500 to hold the truck until Friday PM...returned to me if I walk.

While I was at Ford I ran across a customer with a 6.0 Van having service and asked what his experience was. He explained that he has 3: F-250's and 2: E-250's with 6.0 diesels with all of them having over 150K on the clock His experience has been good but his maintenance has been by the book. The word in the service department is...if want it to have a full service life...don't chip it and maintain it. If you do plan to modify a 6.0, replace the head studs with ARP's and put High Performance head gaskets on it.

My impressions after driving a this '06 F-250 and a GMC '06 (LBZ) Duramax is that they both feel like they have strong power with a very slight edge going to the GMC .Personally I prefer the feel and ride of the Ford plus it has quite a bit more interior room. I'm taking the F-250 to Ford tomorrow to have the diagnostics run...if it checks out and I can get the seller to absorb part of the added warranty cost...the F-250 might just end up in my driveway. I'm checking with GM to see if they offer something similar.

Last edited by sprink58; 08-01-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Banned

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

You guys chime in...
Before I was a Dodge guy I was a Ford guy. That's a beautiful low-mileage peach! Best thing about Fords is the Cummins will fit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.