Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Wrangler RT/Ss

Registered
    My Boats:
    89 twin sbc 29 Fountain
    I  Voted

Wrangler RT/Ss

Anyone ever have a set? 265 75 16 for my 2500 hd.....all four like new, good deal. guy is going lifted. Do they run true?? I cant stand that out of round very quick up and down crap. I was going to get new Michelins but for the savings......I could buy more boat.....shhhhiii stuff

Registered
    My Boats:
    77 donzi x18 92 formula 336 sr1

fixx

Quote Originally Posted by pullmytrigger View Post
    Anyone ever have a set? 265 75 16 for my 2500 hd.....all four like new, good deal. guy is going lifted. Do they run true?? I cant stand that out of round very quick up and down crap. I was going to get new Michelins but for the savings......I could buy more boat.....shhhhiii stuff
    thjose tires are a standard load tire,,your hd calls for a minmum of a 8 ply tire.. SL tires are like 4 ply and are rated for 2400 lbs each..your truck will hate them,they will roll over when turning a corner not to mention a blow out if you put too much weight on them..

if you want to save some coin dunlop is still a cheap but good tire,,they ware fast but they have a good ride..

My Boats:
    37 Active Thunder, 20 Spectra jet, 17 Speedliner cat outboard
    Do NOT put Goodyear tires on a tow vehicle. They are way to soft. I went from Michelin to Goodyear on my current truck (a dually even) and they felt like driving on wet spagetti. Several years ago, I went with Goodyears on a 1/2 ton Tahoe, and I turned around after 5 miles and returned them for the same reason.
    Brian @ activethunderboats . com

Registered
    Avoid RT/S Goodyears like the plague, ****ty ass truck tires. I had them once and never again, ride like crap, poor wear, bad traction in wet etc... I told the shop to have Michellin LTX ATs put on but they were out in my size, so when gf went there they said they had RT/S and I was like ok do it since didn't really have a choice. They seemed ok at first then as time went on I realized how ****ty they were. Oh yeh and tread is not even near agressive enough for even light offroad use, got stuck off a road were Michellin ATs went right through no prob. Quick search will give you plenty of bad reviews on those tires online.
    Last edited by Quicksilver; 08-01-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Registered
    My Boats:
    89 twin sbc 29 Fountain
    I  Voted
    ^^^^ Thanks for the heads up guys.....!

Registered
    My Boats:
    1999 Chris Craft,
    Ditto, had them oem on my Titan and they were junk.